Registration error loop

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
diagonalview

Registration error loop

Post by diagonalview »

Hi,

I'm trying to rip Blu-Rays with the freeware. My version of MakeMKV expired and the message prompting me to re-download or register my version came up. So I entered the registration code that's here: http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053
but it didn't work. So I downloaded the latest version from the site and the same error message kept coming up.

No matter how many times I have entered the code (either in response to a prompt when I open the program or via the About MakeMKV Register button), the same prompt that my version has expired and the registration key is needed comes up immediately. Either that or a 'Fatal Error' occurs and it closes down.

I've tried this on several devices (all Mac OS), as has my friend, and we can't make any progress.

Can you help in any way?
chammy

Re: Registration error loop

Post by chammy »

Same issue for me. Fortunately, I still had my free trial period so I could continue using it.

Admin seems to have changed the expiration date, but not the key itself in the beta key post (at least as of two days back). Not sure if that's how it's supposed to be or if there was some copy paste error.

Also seems to have introduced a new 30 day 'evaluation period' in order to be able to use third party tools to rip Bluray folders. My program says this evaluation period expires in 30 days whereas my free trial expires in December. May be makemkv is finally moving out of beta gradually & introducing restrictions.