Feature Request?

Everything related to MakeMKV
mhadi

Feature Request?

Post by mhadi »

First, forgive me if I've posted this in the wrong section. As I use MakeMKV on both OSX and Linux, I figured I'd just post here for both versions.

When I rip a Blu-Ray or UHD, I generally only pull the English audio and subtitles... which means I have to go through and unselect everything else. I don't need French, Chinese, Thai, Arabic, etc. In my experience, a lot of the time, there are 20+ languages. That's A LOT of unselecting, especially when I'm ripping a 100-episode/multi-disc tv show.

Unless I've missed something, there seems to be no way to "Unselect All", so that I can then go in and only select the 5 items I want.

Is there *any* way to get a "Select All/Unselect All" menu/menubar item added? I cannot believe I'm the only one who would benefit from having this.

Thanks,
Michael
Woodstock

Re: Feature Request?

Post by Woodstock »

Move mouse cursor into left side menu. "Right click" to open the Context menu. Click on Unselect all.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Ezatoka

Post by Ezatoka »

Why don't you change the default selection rule in the Advanced tab in the options? You might need to check "Expert mode" at the first page of the settings.
glamdring

Post by glamdring »

If you set your language in the settings the query should select subtitles and audio tracks with your language or if you want multiple you can set a custom query that selects specific ones.

Figuring this out was a huge time saver for me, I was manually checking / unchecking so much stuff. :D

Here is a post with the query options: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4386
mhadi

Post by mhadi »

Woodstock & glamdring: Thank you so much, both solutions works beautifully