Still cannot get newer versions to get past the Fatal error

Everything related to MakeMKV
tony55

Still cannot get newer versions to get past the Fatal error

Post by tony55 »

Ever since the 1.6.6 version I have not been able to get any including the new 1.6.9 version to get past the Fatal error popup. When the 167 update was avail, I thought that would help but it didn't. I've disconnected my internal DVD drive and my external BR drive and still nothing.
When I install a new version and check the start MKVMake button it starts up checks things and than the popup and the disconnect.

What I didn't remove was my Serial ATA card(Vantec PCI host card). I was wondering if that would cause the popup. I disconnected everything from it but the card was still installed and so was the software to make it run.

Seems like no one else is having this problem or at least it hasn't been reported on this site.

Earlier versions worked without any problem.

Tony
Navvie

Re: Still cannot get newer versions to get past the Fatal er

Post by Navvie »

When does this fatal error pop-up (dialog box) appear?
Linux / Windows 10
Asus BW-16D1HT 3.10MK x2
Asus BC-12D2HT 3.11MK
LG BH16NS40 flashed to WH16NS60 1.03
LG GGC-H20L 1.03
Pioneer BDR-205 GENE
tony55

Post by tony55 »

Usually if I check the start MakeMKV button just prior to finishing the install it errors immediately.

Yesterday, I thought I would go backwards to version 167. With that I got the too old dialog so I put in the correct numbers and it did start up but than phased out at the place where it checks the disk.

I went back re-installed 169 and now it did get to the first window. I tried to get it to work with either my external BD drive or my internal DVD drive. Never got to the point where they separated the disk into titles .

The last version that really worked for me was version 158. I remember when the 160 series updates there was a flurry of requests for download locations for the earlier versions. Well, I was one of those individuals. With each succeeding version I would give it a try and it would fail to work. Today, I noticed that there is now a new version again 1.6.10. As soon as I post this I will give it a try.

Oh, I almost forgot. With 169 I was able to get the program to begin the analysis of a BR after I used DVD Passkey to decrypt it. 169 started to analyze the file, reported errors and excused itself with a popup.

My results with the updates may be atypical, but I have a feeling that they're not.

Tony
tony55

Post by tony55 »

Just installed the 1.6.10 update. Loaded a DVD into my internal drive.The program examined the disk and brought up the second screen. I pressed the button to begin the process and it failed immediately.

I then loaded a unencrypted dvd into the drive. Started Makemkv up and went thru the process again. This time it got as far as "PARSING VIDEO_TS.IFO" and failed almost immediately.

Tony
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

tony55 wrote:Just installed the 1.6.10 update. Loaded a DVD into my internal drive.The program examined the disk and brought up the second screen. I pressed the button to begin the process and it failed immediately.

I then loaded a unencrypted dvd into the drive. Started Makemkv up and went thru the process again. This time it got as far as "PARSING VIDEO_TS.IFO" and failed almost immediately.

Tony
What OS are you using?
tony55

Post by tony55 »

Op sys Win XP Hom ed -SP3

Yesterday I did insert a couple of my older BRs into the external BR drive. One of the BRs went to /AACS/MKB-RO.INF (ABOUT 20 SECONDS IN) [Total Recall]

The other even went past the above point and failed at AV CLIP. [the Devils Rejects]

Tony