Source Code BR

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
crowfax

Re: Source Code BR

Post by crowfax »

That's interesting. MakeMKV doesn't show all 9 of them for one of the titles, it only shows 2.

I'm currently extracting the video tracks from both files to see if they're the same. I need to find a way to check which is the right one without ruining the movie for myself!
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox
Reiter

Post by Reiter »

876 seems to be good. The "bathroom scene" at 25-26 min. mark doesn't loop, the run time matches the actual films but TMT5 shows the film as having 19 chapters. The MKV has 17. Now, TMT5 starts it at Chapter 001, while HPC-HC starts at 000, so we're still missing a Chapter it seems.

EDIT: Actually, I watched Chapter 18 (credits) in TMT5, and Chapter 19 never appears so it seems that it's just reporting it wrong. So far, I can't find anything wrong with 876.
I don't have time to watch the whole thing and make sure it's all good though.
Last edited by Reiter on Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crowfax

Post by crowfax »

Reiter wrote:so we're still missing a Chapter it seems.
The chapter marks are good. It's just down to how the players report them.
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox
DaGr8168

Post by DaGr8168 »

Thanks for you guys time and info.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

This being a Sony disc, do we know if it contains Cinavia in addition to this newly advanced java protection? It seems that to find the playlist programmatically it needs to be done by reading the menus and going through a bunch of nasty java code. I don't think that's going to happen any time soon, so, we're stuck with having to look at the playtime and trying to match a playlist to it. However, it won't take them long to adjust to make it so all the "alternate" playlists (read fake) are all the same length as the original. Then it will be very difficult to determine the correct playlist. I'm not liking this new trend. :(
robpdotcom

Post by robpdotcom »

This is going to be a giant PITA, but you have to hand it to them for their creativity.
herbcheck

Post by herbcheck »

I know that 743 and 876 have the 9 subtitle tracks but I only ripped 876 and did not watch it yet. Is this the correct file?
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

herbcheck wrote:I know that 743 and 876 have the 9 subtitle tracks but I only ripped 876 and did not watch it yet. Is this the correct file?
Yea, you should be ok.
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

@herbcheck

Hi!

As I said in one of my earlier posts to this thread, when I identified the "real" .MPLS's for movie-only use:

BTW, unless I goofed or overlooked one, it appears that you can (only) use either 00743.MPLS or 00876.MPLS for a correct "movie only" version.

herbcheck

Post by herbcheck »

Thanks so much for your help!
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

One thing needs to be pointed out. The correct mpls is different depending on the region the disc is from. The ones posted here are for the US disc.
aharami

Post by aharami »

I just tried 00743.mpls and 00876.mpls and it didn't work.

I got a bunch of "The source file '/BDMV/STREAM/00004.m2ts' is corrupt or invalid at offset 10970535936, attempting to work around" type messages in the log
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Sounds more like a possible bad disc than a wrong playlist. None of them, not even the fake mpls', have read errors in them.
DJRumpy

Post by DJRumpy »

setarip_old wrote:BTW, unless I goofed or overlooked one, it appears that you can (only) use either 00743.MPLS or 00876.MPLS for a correct "movie only" version.
I'm seeing this more and more where there are multiple streams that all appear identical. How did you determine that these streams are the main movie only?

Thanks
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

DJRumpy wrote:
setarip_old wrote:BTW, unless I goofed or overlooked one, it appears that you can (only) use either 00743.MPLS or 00876.MPLS for a correct "movie only" version.
I'm seeing this more and more where there are multiple streams that all appear identical. How did you determine that these streams are the main movie only?

Thanks
There are a few ways. Another company has added support for identifying these playlists in their product. However, the original way that people discovered it for this title was that the correct playlists matched the time of the movie. So basically, you load up a player, start the movie to see exactly how long it is, and then you can identify the MPLS by the length. That doesn't work for movies where the fake MPLS are the same length as the real one, but, for this one it worked.