transcoded mkv file has audio that "judders"

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
rmb7984

transcoded mkv file has audio that "judders"

Post by rmb7984 »

Hey there guys,

I've look for an answer to this problem on this forum and on the macrumors thread and can't seem to find anyone with a similar problem.

I've used MakeMKV to rip a couple of my blurays and have attempted to recode them for my PS3 and iPhone using handbrake. The MKV files play perfectly through Plex. However, when I recode them, the audio "judders" through the entire file, regardless of the preset I've used. I've tried the a number of different presets and they all have the same weird audio results - the picture is always fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help.

EDIT: Apparently the problem was the result of not having the most recent version of HB. I downloaded it and all is well now. Thanks anyway!
NomadCF

Re: transcoded mkv file has audio that "judders"

Post by NomadCF »

A Side fix for Hand Brake and xvid4psp,ripbot, etc is to switch container from MKV to TS or m2ts. Encode them to ehat u want, then which it back. So far it's fixed every one of my audio/video issues.
dreamfreak

Post by dreamfreak »

Hi, I?ve exactly the same problem. I make a mkv from a dvd with makemkv. the file is ok. then I convert it with handbreak to h264 mkv. this file is now buggy - the sound is stuttering.
I think it?s a problem of the latest makemkv version - it?s with the mac and windows version. A few days ago it worked.
If I use dvd iso format then it works also ...

please help
ematthys

Post by ematthys »

I have used x264 to encode as recent as a few days ago in Handbrake and have not had those audio problems. I have had other problems with Handbrake as far as audio goes however.

I have used tsMuxer and demuxed the audio from the original file that MakeMKV creates, then I encode the video in Handbrake without audio, and mux the original audio back into the video with MkvMerge.
MacMan250

Post by MacMan250 »

rmb7984 wrote:Hey there guys,

I've look for an answer to this problem on this forum and on the macrumors thread and can't seem to find anyone with a similar problem.

I've used MakeMKV to rip a couple of my blurays and have attempted to recode them for my PS3 and iPhone using handbrake. The MKV files play perfectly through Plex. However, when I recode them, the audio "judders" through the entire file, regardless of the preset I've used. I've tried the a number of different presets and they all have the same weird audio results - the picture is always fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help.

EDIT: Apparently the problem was the result of not having the most recent version of HB. I downloaded it and all is well now. Thanks anyway!
Hi rmb7984,

I have the same problem with the audio "judders" after I have encoded the MKV file with Handbrake into a h.264 file.

I'm currently using the latest version (0.9.3) of Handbrake or is there something newer which does not show up on the official download list?

Thanks a lot

Sascha