New BD+ - X-men 1st class, StarWars saga set

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
moviebuff

Re: New BD+ - X-men 1st class, StarWars saga set

Post by moviebuff »

I used Anydvd HD with Make MKV to do my Star Wars box set and all worked fine. DVD Fab is only free for a month trial and the 2nd movie of star wars series has trouble with it.
bobpet

Post by bobpet »

I am new to the blu ray ripping seen. I have ripped HD movies. Any news when makemkv will be able to rip star wars complete saga???

thanks

I am evaluating the software. IF it works I will be purchasing it.
joe42

Post by joe42 »

moviebuff wrote:DVD Fab is only free for a month trial and the 2nd movie of star wars series has trouble with it.
Actually, HD Decrypter (part of DVD Fab) is always free, no trial. But HD Decrypter seems to be a little behind AnyDVD on new copy protection sometimes. So I usually use AnyDVD-HD when MakeMKV fails. Actually, I have had MakeMKV fail more frequently on DVDs than on blurays. I have even seen some DVDs where MakeMKV cannot work even after AnyDVD has removed the copy protection and ripped the VOB files to the hard drive. In those cases, I use Handbrake to make an MKV, but it requires transcoding the video from MPEG2 to AVC. I wish I knew of a good free program for ripping DVDs to MKV (without transcoding) when MakeMKV fails on a DVD.
moviebuff

Post by moviebuff »

Oh ok my bad, well anyhow bought Any DVD HD which worked wonderfully on the saga just had Anydvdhd take off the copy protection and ran Make Mkv to create the MKVs of the series. They didnt have any trouble running together, after Anydvd ran ,I ran Make Mkv which then didnt detect any protection and went ahead and did its thing.
tdtran1025

Post by tdtran1025 »

Duplicated process! MakeMKV incorporates decryption on the fly and mixing everything into one big file. ANyDVD or DVDFab are great for those who just want to do simple things such as ripping. MakeMKV facilitates the process of making a meaningful second second step (such as transcoding). To remux the movie again into a combined intermediary, it takes the same amount of time.
I'd wait until there's fix for this. Interstingly enough, when playing back using the backup directory, one needs an internet connection to play. I guess this BD+ is made for that.
For Mac platform, there is no equivalent of AnyDVD or DVDFab.
pheenix11

Post by pheenix11 »

I'm going the AnyDVD + MakeMKV route on the Windows side of my Mac. Does anyone know which subtitle track to select to get the alien dialogue, like Greedo for example. I selected all the forced subtitle tracks and its not there. I'm guessing it is something like the Star Wars DVD where it is the 2nd full subtitle track or something similar?
moviebuff

Post by moviebuff »

Actually I like the idea of having ANY DVD HD in case Make MKV isnt up to date kinda gives me something else to turn to just in case. Anyhow im happy ive got my Star Wars set on my hard drive now and can enjoy these in wonderful 1080p finally ) good luck to you all and enjoy
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

@pheenix11

Hi!

I believe you'll find that, in its entirety, the very last of the 31(!) subtitle streams is the one you want ;>}

pheenix11

Post by pheenix11 »

Maybe I got lucky but I just tried the 2nd English subtitle track (forced off) and Greedo is now subtitled (as well as Jabba) and no one else is so it appears I got lucky. Now I'm wondering why there are more than one track that work....
duggyhow1

Post by duggyhow1 »

Hello, can someone tell me how to get MakeMKV to make mkvs of the files that AnydvdHD has made. AnyDVDHD made Mpgs files of Star Wars Empire Strikes Back. I thought it was supposed to make some other kind of file. Thanks. Also when I tried to get MakeMKV to burn the disc with just AnyDVDHD running, it gave this error, "The source file '/BDMV/STREAM/00501.m2ts' is corrupt or invalid at offset 1604093952, attempting to work around
The source file '/BDMV/STREAM/00501.m2ts' is corrupt or invalid at offset 1604136960, attempting to work around" It failed after this message to burn the disk. Any help highly appreciated. Thanks.
Romansh

Post by Romansh »

AnyDVD HD creates either a folder structure (a folder containing several subfolder including one named BDMV) or an ISO image, depending on whether you use the AnyDVD Ripper or the AnyDVD Image Ripper.

MakeMKV can open both (point it to the ISO image or to the <FOLDER_NAME>/BDMV/index.bdmv file).
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

@duggyhow1

Hi!~
AnyDVDHD made Mpgs files of Star Wars Empire Strikes Back. I thought it was supposed to make some other kind of file.
You should ask that question at the website of Slysoft, the publishers from whom you purchased AnyDVDHD, as it's related to their product and not MakeMKV...

joe42

Post by joe42 »

Romansh wrote:AnyDVD HD creates either a folder structure (a folder containing several subfolder including one named BDMV) or an ISO image, depending on whether you use the AnyDVD Ripper or the AnyDVD Image Ripper.

MakeMKV can open both (point it to the ISO image or to the <FOLDER_NAME>/BDMV/index.bdmv file).
Just to add a little to that, the menu options in AnyDVD are:

Rip Video DVD to hard disk...
Rip to Image...

The first does files, the second does an ISO. I used the first to rip all six Star Wars blurays to files on my HDD, then I used MakeMKV to open those files and create MKVs. No problems at all.

It may also be possible to use AnyDVD in "live" mode to decrypt on the fly as MakeMKV runs. But I did not try that, since sometimes it can be problematic (which is why, I guess, MakeMKV prints a warning if it detects AnyDVD running).
moviebuff

Post by moviebuff »

I ran Any DVD HD on the fly to just remove copy protection (scanned the blu ray) and then ran Make Mkv which didnt detect any copy protection being present and Make MKV was fine creating the Mkv .
thinksinc

Post by thinksinc »

I can also confirm that AnyDVD HD running in the background to remove the copy protection, followed by a standard MakeMKV rip works just fine. Have all 6 Star Wars BDs on the NAS now.

-R