I've tried this with version 1.7.1 and 1.7.2, both running on xubuntu 11.04.
When I open the resulting file in XBMC, it is treated as an audio file: the sound plays just fine, but the screen just shows the fanart instead of the video.
If I quit XBMC and try to open the file with Parole Media Player, it spends about twenty seconds trying to open the file, and then I get an error message:
"The stream is taking too much time to load"
This pops up with a "Cancel" button or a "Stop" button. If I hit "Stop," it stops trying to open the file; if I hit "Cancel," it tries again for another twenty seconds or so and then repeats the same error message.
If I use mkvmerge to strip out the video track, the Parole Media Player opens the file and plays the audio just fine. If I strip out everything except the video track, I get the same error message described above, so I'm very confident that the problem is only with the video stream.
At first I thought the problem was that maybe I was missing the codec to play VC1 videos, but then I found that I have at least one other mkv with VC1 in it, which plays just fine. Also, the special features on the disc are all encoded in VC1 as well, and they result in playable mkvs. It's just the main title that doesn't work.
MakeMKV does not produce any error messages while creating this file. The entire outputs are:
Code: Select all
Saving 1 titles into directory /home/... Forced subtitles track #8 turned out to be empty and was removed from output file 1 titles saved
If there is any additional information needed, just let me know and I'll do my best to provide it.