Simple Questions

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
doctorwhofan10

Simple Questions

Post by doctorwhofan10 »

1. When I open a Blu-Ray, how do I save the title with the name I choose? It keeps saving as either "title002.mkv" or <name-of-movie_t00.mkv> or something like that.

2. With some movies, I get couple of titles with the same size but different number of chapter. How do I know which one to pick? I don't think my blu-ray player displays any chapter information like my DVD player.

Thanks
ogredeschnique

Re: Simple Questions

Post by ogredeschnique »

About the file names, it puts it into a folder named same as the Disk. That is really a non issue. You basically have to watch the title###.mkv file and manually name it accordingly.
About title chapter variance: You might put the disk into a proper player and observe the number of chapters in the title that the player selects for you.
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

Yeah, I'd also like to see the title output to a filename that's similar to the BD (folder) or at least have an option to automatically create the output folder if it doesn't exits.
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
doctorwhofan10

Post by doctorwhofan10 »

ogredeschnique wrote:About the file names, it puts it into a folder named same as the Disk. That is really a non issue. You basically have to watch the title###.mkv file and manually name it accordingly.
About title chapter variance: You might put the disk into a proper player and observe the number of chapters in the title that the player selects for you.
Does not matter if it puts it under a folder, I have to rename it every time and move it to my Movies folder. It is weird that it does not have that option. So it is kind of an issue.