SVQ worries

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
mkvgrub

SVQ worries

Post by mkvgrub »

I get the SVQ error on many BDs. I go to the Help page, but it seems to be for PCs, not Macs? I cannot find any "'SVQ directory' set in MakeMKV preferences (on BD+ tab)." By that I mean I cannot find any/all of the terms in that statement. I'm not exactly a Mac novice, but I searched the forum for SVQ and got zero. Would it be possible for anyone to give me a step-by-step method to get the latest SVQ file into my Mac? I'm on a Mac Pro 2.66GHz Quad Xeon, running OSX 6.0 (6.2 corrupts my Airport network), and MakeMKV 1.4.9.

Thanks in advance!
mike admin

Re: SVQ worries

Post by mike admin »

mkvgrub wrote:Would it be possible for anyone to give me a step-by-step method to get the latest SVQ file into my Mac?
  • Create a directory with any name in your user folder
  • In makemkv preferences, on BD+ tab specify this directory as "svq directory"
  • Download an SVQ file from http://www.makemkv.com/svq into this directory
Restart MakeMKV, and from now on it would open all BD+ discs.
mkvgrub

Post by mkvgrub »

mike admin wrote:
mkvgrub wrote:Would it be possible for anyone to give me a step-by-step method to get the latest SVQ file into my Mac?
  • Create a directory with any name in your user folder
  • In makemkv preferences, on BD+ tab specify this directory as "svq directory"
  • Download an SVQ file from http://www.makemkv.com/svq into this directory
Restart MakeMKV, and from now on it would open all BD+ discs.
EDIT2: So, I managed to download the "allcombo.svq" file and put it into my SVQ folder. I restarted the computer and MakeMKV and am able (so far) to record a BD that previously was not recordable. However, I still get my Preferences selection greyed out seemingly randomly, I can access it now, but not just before I restarted (again).

EDIT: Restarted my mac pro, restarted MakeMKV, now can access preferences. Followed your instructions and downloaded from the hypertext. The file saved is "Unknown.dms"????
Well, I believe I see my problem (besides being a bit technically challenged). Preferences selection is greyed-out in my MakeMKV.
mkvgrub

Post by mkvgrub »

Thanks very much, Mike. 100% works.