Good Will Hunting Blu-ray fails to open

Everything related to MakeMKV
DGalt

Good Will Hunting Blu-ray fails to open

Post by DGalt »

Title pretty much says it all. I've tried with more than one disk, every time MakeMKV gets hung up on the disk opening step and ultimately says it failed to open the disk.

There really isn't anything else in the error report that I can see, but if there's more info that I should be providing please let me know.

thanks
setarip_old

Re: Good Will Hunting Blu-ray fails to open

Post by setarip_old »

Hi!

If you encounter the same problem with other discs, it's likely a failing or dirty drive.

If you have this problem ONLY with your "Good Will Hunting" disc, return it to the place of purchase in exchange for a new replacement...
DGalt

Post by DGalt »

I do not have this problem with other Blu-rays, so I don't think it's the disk drive itself.

I have now tried two different 'Good Will Hunting' Blu-ray discs and both have had this problem though. Seems unlikely that two disks would be faulty...
DGalt

Post by DGalt »

so no other ideas?
crowfax

Post by crowfax »

Post debug log please.
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox
bw001

Post by bw001 »

I have this disc and just tried it and it works fine.

It's a Lionsgate title and I have read about and have had issues with their discs in the past.

To get around it, I used AnyDVD HD and isopuzzle to rip it to my hard drive. If that works, you can then mount it and open it in MakeMKV.
DGalt

Post by DGalt »

clean install of MakeMKV fixed it...go figure 8)