Joining chapters of one film from two disc's.

Everything related to MakeMKV
Barny

Re: Joining chapters of one film from two disc's.

Post by Barny »

That is another way too. I did try putting them in notepad yesterday but was unsure what to save them as. I will try that way too later and see if I can do that.
Barny

Post by Barny »

Thank you everybody for helping me on this especially paulster. I have copied notes and will be able to do it in future. Have just remuxed the film again with right chapters 1-59, before I did that I edited the black pause out from the first file to the second part of the film at chapter 34-35 and I now have a great 3 hours and 39 minute film to watch without a break, that is as long as I don't need a pee, but just a pause on the remote will cure that, better than going to the cinema and missing a bit of the film. Anybody that hasn't seen this film it is absolutely brilliant, the ending just leaves you wondering though.

Just one more thing please fryk after you open the file in notepad to alter chapters, do you just save the notepad file and import into mkv verge.
Smithcraft

Post by Smithcraft »

Amazingly enough, I did write a tutorial, with pictures even!

https://forum.handbrake.fr/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=18721

SC
fryk.

Post by fryk. »

Save the file and drag & drop them in the mkvmerge-gui's chapter editor window.

Or on the command line:

Code: Select all

mkvpropedit "input.mkv" -c "mychapters.ogm"
robpdotcom

Post by robpdotcom »

paulster wrote:You need to do them in reverse order because it won't let you have two chapters with the same names.
Yes, it will. In fact, working from first to last is the easiest way: After you type the new chapter name, simply press "ENTER" and it will jump to the field with the next chapter name.

Another tip:

When working with chapters in mmg, it can sometimes be useful to extract the chapter file with mkvExtract first. mmg will open a chapter file very quickly, while it can take a few minutes if you drag/drop the mkv and the file is very large.
Smithcraft

Post by Smithcraft »

There is gonna be a post approved that will have a link to a tutorial. Hopefully sooner rather than later...

SC
Barny

Post by Barny »

Smithcraft wrote:Amazingly enough, I did write a tutorial, with pictures even!

https://forum.handbrake.fr/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=18721

SC
Just looked at that and used Fastone Capture so I could read it on my computer. Thanks.
Barny

Post by Barny »

Just had a look at tutorial and used Fastone Capture so I can view it on my computer. Thanks