Ripping just selective m2ts segments?

Everything related to MakeMKV
rjbell4

Ripping just selective m2ts segments?

Post by rjbell4 »

I like how MakeMKV shows me the segment map for each title. When there are several titles which could each potentially be the one I want, I can easily compare the titles and see what segments are different.

However, what I'd really like to do at that point is just select the particular segments to rip. For example, if one title is segments 1.m2ts, 2.m2ts and 3.m2ts, and another is 1.m2ts, 4.m2ts, and 3.m2ts, I'd like to rip just 2.m2ts and 4.m2ts, compare them, and use that comparison to select the title that I want to rip.

I can see how to make a backup of the entire disk, but that's a lot of wasted time and disk space.

Is there any way to get get the m2ts files that I want?
fryk.

Re: Ripping just selective m2ts segments?

Post by fryk. »

MakeMKV doesn't remux parts of titles or "m2ts". How many time does your system need for an entire BD title remux?
Smithcraft

Post by Smithcraft »

Or maybe cross reference with the AVS BDInfo db to see which title to rip?

SC
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

rjbell4 wrote:However, what I'd really like to do at that point is just select the particular segments to rip. For example, if one title is segments 1.m2ts, 2.m2ts and 3.m2ts, and another is 1.m2ts, 4.m2ts, and 3.m2ts, I'd like to rip just 2.m2ts and 4.m2ts, compare them, and use that comparison to select the title that I want to rip.
This feature - splitting on any segment boundary - is planned for some time. It will ease a lot of pain when processing series disks, but should work for you too. Unfortunately I can't promise when it will be done.
rjbell4

Post by rjbell4 »

Smithcraft wrote:Or maybe cross reference with the AVS BDInfo db to see which title to rip?
Yeah... if they have the info. *Someone* has to be able to figure these things out, and I like being empowered to do so myself. :-)
rjbell4

Post by rjbell4 »

fryk. wrote:How many time does your system need for an entire BD title remux?
A whole lot longer than ripping just the title. I'd need to rip the entire disc, just to double back and rip just a single title. It's not impossible, but that's annoying inefficient. MakeMKV can obviously separate out the segments when ripping; all I need is a way to view and select checkboxes for the segments, instead of for the titles.
rjbell4

Post by rjbell4 »

mike admin wrote:This feature - splitting on any segment boundary - is planned for some time. It will ease a lot of pain when processing series disks, but should work for you too. Unfortunately I can't promise when it will be done.
Thanks, mike. I look forward to it.
erich_7719

Post by erich_7719 »

rjbell4 wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:03 pm
mike admin wrote:This feature - splitting on any segment boundary - is planned for some time. It will ease a lot of pain when processing series disks, but should work for you too. Unfortunately I can't promise when it will be done.
Thanks, mike. I look forward to it.
Mike,

I know this post is real old, but... Is there an update on this feature?