Question about BD+ and svq files directory

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
phillip999

Question about BD+ and svq files directory

Post by phillip999 »

I'm a new member making first post.

Let me say that this remarkable MakeMKV software for MacOSX has opened up a new world for me in making it possible for me to put some of my personal dvd and blu-ray film collection onto my 2 AppleTVs. It has worked for me on about half the discs I've tried and I'll be a future customer for a final release. Congratulations to "mike" on the forum and others for putting their time into the program's development.

I do have a question regarding using the SVQ file since some of my rips fail to complete. When I download the SVQ file, I end up with a file on my desktop titled "dscombo.svq". Could someone who has successfully applied this file to the MakeMKV program please explain how to get the file into "SVQ directory" in the "BD+ tab" so that its contents can be accessed during a rip?

For example, do I create a folder titled "SVQ directory" or "SVQ files directory" and place the downloaded "dscombo.svq"file into that folder? Do I then go to MakeMKV Preferences > BD+ tab and type that folder's name into the available box or browse to the folder (or file?) and click "choose"? I hope I don't sound too stupid in requesting this info t but I would be most grateful for a step-by-step description that includes the file or folder names that I should use.

Thanks for your patience.
mike admin

Re: Question about BD+ and svq files directory

Post by mike admin »

phillip999 wrote:I'm a new member making first post.
For example, do I create a folder titled "SVQ directory" or "SVQ files directory" and place the downloaded "dscombo.svq"file into that folder? Do I then go to MakeMKV Preferences > BD+ tab and type that folder's name into the available box or browse to the folder (or file?) and click "choose"?
This is exactly the way to go. You will need to close and restart the program for chages to take effect.
jreffner

Post by jreffner »

What app are you using to transcode the MKV files into a file that AppleTV can read?

What are the settings you are using?

Where is the link for the svq file?

Is there an AACS file we need to download as well?

Thanks!
phillip999

Post by phillip999 »

Hi.
In answer to question about transcoding: I use Handbrake 094, H.264, one pass, 3500 bit rate, and 1280 by xxx (e.g.,xxx equals 720 when source video is 16:9) frame size. Produces file that takes advantage of APple TV's 720p HD capability.
phillip999
jreffner

Post by jreffner »

Many thanks!