G.I.Joe The Rise Of The Cobra

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
atomic7431

G.I.Joe The Rise Of The Cobra

Post by atomic7431 »

When i try to open this disc using the latest version, i get the usual window appear saying title # has length blagh blagh and it says operation successfully completed but then throws a fatal error occurred, program will now exit. message and all i can do is press ok and it closes.

the protection is aacs v15

when the error is about to happen the program refuses to respond for about 40 seconds, and causes all sorts of problems.
Attachments
MakeMKV_log - Copy.txt
with debug on
(2.85 KiB) Downloaded 388 times
MakeMKV_log.txt
without debug
(305 Bytes) Downloaded 358 times
kfreeb

Re: G.I.Joe The Rise Of The Cobra

Post by kfreeb »

I just ripped my copy of this title, there were no problems.

I'm using MakeMKV ver. 1.8.0

Have you taken a look at the optical surface of the disk, making sure there are no imperfections or finger prints?
2 x 3.46 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon (mid 2012)
64GB Memory
Mac OS X 10.14.6
atomic7431

Post by atomic7431 »

your using the mac version going by your sig, im using the windows version and i see someone else reported an issue and yet the mac version had ripped it ok (albeit a different disc), but wondering if the issues are from the windows version.

And just to clarify its a brand new disc and no marks at all, also i see so many problems blamed on discs or drive read errors, not everyone can be having issues and it be down to there equipment or the discs, seems an easy way to say its not the program at fault.
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

@atomic7431

Hi!

If you've had this disc since its 2009 release, or you purchased a "previously viewed" (used) disc, there's a strong possibility that the disc is either soiled or physically damaged. Please try cleaning it and examining it scrupulously...

atomic7431

Post by atomic7431 »

this was bought a few days ago and is a brand new disc, no marks nothing.
atomic7431

Post by atomic7431 »

so will i get any input on this or am i to assume its not fixable ?
crowfax

Post by crowfax »

Turn on debug, post your log. We don't have any clairvoyants on the forum.
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox
atomic7431

Post by atomic7431 »

crowfax wrote:Turn on debug, post your log. We don't have any clairvoyants on the forum.
????? Erm i wont say what i want to say, but read my first post and you will find relevant logs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kfreeb

Post by kfreeb »

The copy of G.I. Joe that I stated in my first post above looks like the cover art below, (this is the outer paper jacket sleeves artwork) and has a UPC barcode 0 32429 07527 7. As I said in my post above, it ripped fine. If yours is different, that may be why I could rip mine and you couldn't.

If your's is the same, I know what you said about blaming the disk or the drive as being at fault, but many times that is the case. I have had to return several disc's, (for various movies) to the store, to get one that would rip without problems. These Blu-ray disc's played fine in my regular blu-ray player connected to my flat screen, but when I tried ripping them, they would just error out.
Attachments
G.I. Joe small.jpg
G.I. Joe small.jpg (88.7 KiB) Viewed 19827 times
2 x 3.46 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon (mid 2012)
64GB Memory
Mac OS X 10.14.6
crowfax

Post by crowfax »

atomic7431 wrote:????? Erm i wont say what i want to say, but read my first post and you will find relevant logs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My bad! Didn't realise you were the OP.

You may have to do a testdump, instructions here:
/onlinehelp/testdump.html
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

crowfax wrote:You may have to do a testdump, instructions here:
Yes please do, but it'll likely to lead to the same fatal error. Do you see the application crash log dialog? If yes, then please do a debug dump (not a test dump) - /onlinehelp/dump.html
atomic7431

Post by atomic7431 »

no crash log, it just excited after the `program will now close message`
crowfax

Post by crowfax »

Do the debug dump as described here:
/onlinehelp/dump.html

it is different from the test dump.
atomic7431

Post by atomic7431 »

kfreeb wrote:The copy of G.I. Joe that I stated in my first post above looks like the cover art below, (this is the outer paper jacket sleeves artwork) and has a UPC barcode 0 32429 07527 7. As I said in my post above, it ripped fine. If yours is different, that may be why I could rip mine and you couldn't.

If your's is the same, I know what you said about blaming the disk or the drive as being at fault, but many times that is the case. I have had to return several disc's, (for various movies) to the store, to get one that would rip without problems. These Blu-ray disc's played fine in my regular blu-ray player connected to my flat screen, but when I tried ripping them, they would just error out.
The cover of this blu-ray is different to that one uploading pic as i type.

Been doing the test dump and im uploading the file now to drop box, when i use this mode it opens the disc obviously due to different features of makemkv being used.
Attachments
unnamed.jpg
unnamed.jpg (16.19 KiB) Viewed 19722 times
atomic7431

Post by atomic7431 »

mike admin wrote:
crowfax wrote:You may have to do a testdump, instructions here:
Yes please do, but it'll likely to lead to the same fatal error. Do you see the application crash log dialog? If yes, then please do a debug dump (not a test dump) - /onlinehelp/dump.html
i dont see the crash log no, and using the test dump did not give me any errors at all. file nearly uploaded now, will provide link asap.