Prometheus Blu-ray from Netflix...

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
JLiGON

Prometheus Blu-ray from Netflix...

Post by JLiGON »

I just ripped Prometheus Blu-ray. As soon as it was ripped, it seems the file was causing my Windows explorer to crash whenever I opened the containing folder. The only way to delete it was to delete the folder and then recreate it. Is this a ripping error, some kind of copy protection on the Blu-ray disc, or did my PC just go "wonky" during the ripping process? I have a Windows 7 Home Premium machine. Toshiba All-In-One. Never had this happen before. Thanks in advance for any help. I want to rip this movie but if it's just going to cause that issue again, I would rather avoid it. :?
crowfax

Re: Prometheus Blu-ray from Netflix...

Post by crowfax »

Uninstall any and all of the software from DivX you have on your system and reboot.

Their software comes with very poorly coded plugins for windows that cause the issue you are reporting.
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox
JLiGON

Post by JLiGON »

Thanks! I will try that.
JLiGON

Post by JLiGON »

I uninstalled ALL DivX software yesterday. Was able to rip Prometheus again today after work. Problem did not repeat. Kudos for the help, crowfax!!! DivX shall forever stay off of my PC in the future. :mrgreen: