Feature request: Distinguish preferred language

Everything related to MakeMKV
a3koopman

Feature request: Distinguish preferred language

Post by a3koopman »

In the options you have the possibility in the Language Tab to set the Interface Language and the Preferred language.

The last one (Preferred Language) seems to affect the default selection of as well as audio tracks, as well as subtitle.

My feature request is that you can choose a preferred language for the audio tracks AND a separate language for the subtitles

E.g.
Preferred audio language: English
Preferred subtitle language: Dutch

TIA
Adri
Costa

Re: Feature request: Distinguish preferred language

Post by Costa »

hello. Is it possible to change the order of the tracks? for example Italian language first, English second ........ this is very important for me. On the PC, it is easy to do with the settings in VLC player but not on television, because each sequence must change manually.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

If you are staying with the MKV format, you will want to find the MKVtoolnix tools. They will allow you to re-order the tracks, and even remove tracks you do not want.

If you are converting to MP4 format, Handbrake can re-order the tracks as it does the conversion. Well, technically, you can also do this if you're saving as an MKV file, but the MKVtoolnix tools are much faster, since they are not doing a recode of the video/audio as part of the process.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Romansh

Post by Romansh »

Costa wrote:hello. Is it possible to change the order of the tracks? for example Italian language first, English second ........ this is very important for me. On the PC, it is easy to do with the settings in VLC player but not on television, because each sequence must change manually.
http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4566
Costa

Post by Costa »

Thank you