MakeMKV Batch Converter

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
thedigitalhobo

Re: MakeMKV Batch Converter

Post by thedigitalhobo »

actually, one other suggestion (unless I missed the setting)....

it would be great if you could choose the temp directory rather than having it be in the destination folder.

In my other conversion/encoding apps, I put the temp folder on a faster performance drive and then the final destination folder on the green drive.
C:
D:/TempEncodes
E:/Movies/Movie.mkv

I'm running the app on a SSD (6 Gb/s), and have a WD Black (6Gb/s) 10000rpm "temp" drive, and then store my movies on slower Green drives (3Gb/s). I'd (theoretically) much rather write to the Black drive than the Green storage ones.

Just a though.....
agritton

Post by agritton »

Chetwood,

I'm glad to hear it's running stable, as it was a full rebuild, I was nervous. Thanks for your great suggestions as always, I'll include as many as I can in the next release. For the sound would you just like it to play when the batch is done processing?

thedigitalhobo,

When you click the Add Folders it does a recursive search on the folders. Meaning you could pick an entire drive and it will go into each folder it has permissions and find a Video_ts folder. So instead of picking each video_ts folder just select the main folder holding all of your movies folders and it will search through each one. In your example just pick the Movies or the Pool folder and it will find all the Video_ts files in those directories.

As far as the temp folder, that's a great idea. So if I have correct, it will encode into the faster drive, then while it copies the .mkv into the slower drive it can begin encoding another into the temp drive?
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

Yes, once the complete queue is done encoding, it should play a sound (we can choose ourselves). Thx.
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
pras1011

Post by pras1011 »

I have loads of bluray isos (made by dvdfab) that I want to convert to mkv.

With MakeMKV I can load the iso into to it and strip out more audio that I don't need.

Is there a way to use this batch program to do the same thing?
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

Check out "Changing default track selection" in the advanced usage forums to set up a conversion profile that will select (and order) the tracks you want which also works in conjunction with Batch Converter. In some instances you still might have to check the tracks manually though, which is why I still did release MultiMakeMKV cause you can only automate so far. It just happened to me that after Batch Converter was done, I ended up with the "making of" rather than the movie itself. I had to manually select the proper title cause the "minimum title length" setting wasn't enough.
pras1011

Post by pras1011 »

Thats why I use mulitmakemkv! Are you going to update it?
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

To do what?
Battledad

Post by Battledad »

Where might one be able to download the package? I have about 130 movies created in Dvdfab that are all Video_TS that I would love to convert to mkv so I can use them on my Samsung TV's and Plex.

thanks
agritton

Post by agritton »

It's in a zip file on the 1st page of the thread. It's above the picture.
Battledad

Post by Battledad »

agritton wrote:It's in a zip file on the 1st page of the thread. It's above the picture.
I realized that after looking back a bit. I downloaded and set up (after installing .net 4.5) and have it running now. Looks like its done about ~30 movies so far.

Many thanks!
Battledad

Post by Battledad »

Successfully converted all but one movie. I thought I told the process to create new folder names in a different folder (Video instead of Movies) but instead it put them in the original folders under Movies. So...since I want to separate the TS and MKV files guess I need to make new folders in the Video folder and move the mkv files manually.
HolGORE

Post by HolGORE »

Hey

i receive an error and the programm crashes

win8 x64

Code: Select all

Problemsignatur:
  Problemereignisname:	APPCRASH
  Anwendungsname:	makemkvcon.exe
  Anwendungsversion:	0.0.0.0
  Anwendungszeitstempel:	51e7bf78
  Fehlermodulname:	ntdll.dll
  Fehlermodulversion:	6.2.9200.16578
  Fehlermodulzeitstempel:	515fac6e
  Ausnahmecode:	c0000005
  Ausnahmeoffset:	0002e1f4
  Betriebsystemversion:	6.2.9200.2.0.0.256.48
  Gebietsschema-ID:	1031
  Zusatzinformation 1:	5861
  Zusatzinformation 2:	5861822e1919d7c014bbb064c64908b2
  Zusatzinformation 3:	f3d5
  Zusatzinformation 4:	f3d5be0cad2787556264647dc02181c3

Lesen Sie unsere Datenschutzbestimmungen online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=190175

Wenn die Onlinedatenschutzbestimmungen nicht verf?gbar sind, lesen Sie unsere Datenschutzbestimmungen offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\de-DE\erofflps.txt
JLWaller

Post by JLWaller »

Help!!

I just ran into a nasty problem. I downloaded MakeMKV Batch Converter and installed it. I tried to create batch run andran into a major problem. It does not read my networked drives and all of my iso's are located there. The funny thing, when I run MakeMKV I have no problem, BUT, when I was having problems with multi-core use, I set the compatibility mode to run as an administrator and the File dialog would not see the network drives. Resetting compatibility back to normal, and I could see the network files again. Any idea what is going on and how to fix it?? I went into my Administrator account and mounted the drives, just in case that was the problem, but it did not help...............

As it stands, I cannot use the Batch Converter, although I am sure it is a problem with MakeMKV and Windows. Oh, I am running Windows 8 Pro.

Thanks,
John Waller
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

@agritton

Have done my first run on DVDs and it worked fine as well. Two things would be cool, though:

- please add a popup message like "queue finished <OK>"
- how about having the conversion console pane below the conversion queue pane so both have more width?

Thx.
ChillyMutt

Post by ChillyMutt »

I've tried for several hours to get this to work. Installed .Net 4.5. Start up the batch converter - the first few times, it let me add folders (video_ts) but then I got an error when trying to run. Now it won't even let me add folders. Select Add folder, browse and select a video_ts folder and doesn't show in the list. Am I missing something here?