Now You See Me jumps all over the place

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
dpblu

Now You See Me jumps all over the place

Post by dpblu »

In trying to rip Now You See Me, it has more than a 100 mpls streams. Each listed at 18-19GB. So if you ripped them al it would be about 1.6TB. I tried selecting a few of them and makemkv ripped them fine without error, but the video jumps all over the place. Seems like a type of copy protection.

Has anyone been able to rip this successfully? which mpls stream should I select to rip? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

dpblu
Smithcraft

Re: Now You See Me jumps all over the place

Post by Smithcraft »

This is not a new kind of copy protection, and studios have been using it for sometime.

Do a back up and then compare the playlists against the actual video streams. When you find the one that is the right one, you can use MakeMKV to rip that one.

If you're using Windows, I've heard that AnyDVD HD can determine the correct playlist. BDInfo might also determine the correct playlist.

SC
PMJohnson9

Post by PMJohnson9 »

Forgive the newb question, but I downloaded the BD Info program but how do I use it to determine the correct stream?
imgodlike

Post by imgodlike »

if anyone finds the correct playlist, please post for reference.
PMJohnson9

Post by PMJohnson9 »

I played around with AnyDVD HD and the disk.inf file indicated 2 playlists, 651 & 706.

651 has the correct runtime of 1:55 while 706 is 1:52 IIRC.

I haven't played the film all the way through yet to confirm, but I am obviously thinking 651 is the correct one..

Please update if anyone has a different answer since I am not exactly a pro at this! :lol:
dpblu

Post by dpblu »

I just played stream 651 all the way through and it looks like the right one. Didn't notice any skips. Thanks for the advice PMJohnson9
dzl13

Post by dzl13 »

I was going to post this question as well. I have never seen this many play lists, pretty sneaky. I thought it was new copy protection in the theme of the film :0

To someone with ANydvdHD, will it accurately select the correct one for you as stated? I read about a year ago that Mike said makemkv would be able to do this in one of the larger updates. Any word on that?
AZJazzyJ

Post by AZJazzyJ »

I am very new at using MakeMKV and I don't see a 651 playlist. I have a 00649.mpls and a 00657.mpls but not 651. I am using MackeMKV for Macintosh. Am I looking in the wrong place? Any helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
JBravo

Post by JBravo »

all you need to do is pop the bluray into your player and look at the actual run time of the movie which is 1:55:21.
Now just find the file with that run time and Presto you've got it.
dzl13

Post by dzl13 »

all you need to do is pop the bluray into your player and look at the actual run time of the movie which is 1:55:21.
Now just find the file with that run time and Presto you've got it.
Thats true but there are a ton of BR's that will have (3) 26GB files with the exact runtime. That will not always work. For ex. see Hunger Games-there are wrong mpls's in there that have the same runtime just a few chapters are out of order.
Lovely Rita

Post by Lovely Rita »

Playing the makemkv "back up" file set in VLC, the title playing is listed as #80, 733.mpls. (Total of 99 titles)

Depending on how you have your "Minimum Title Length (seconds)" preferences set, it may not match.
For example, I have my "Minimum" set at 300 seconds and 733.mpls shows up as Title 75. (Total of 94 titles)
Registered User :wink:
Buy MakeMKV
dashocker

Post by dashocker »

Hopefully this helps for setting the min and finding 651. Using MakeMKV 1.8.4 with a Mac (OSX)
Attachments
nowyouseeme.jpg
nowyouseeme.jpg (323.14 KiB) Viewed 52801 times
AZJazzyJ

Post by AZJazzyJ »

I have the minimum title length set for 120 seconds but I'm seeing a lot larger number of segments than what dashocker is listing. Instead of 15 segments I have 45 and the segment numbers are vastly different than what is shown. The file size is likewise larger. Dashocker is showing 19.3GB where mine is 23.2GB. I'm sure my configuration is messed up, just not sure how. I did find 2 mpls with the exact duration of 1:55:21 so I will test each and see if one of those works. Thanks for the help, I'm slowly starting to understand this (the key word there is SLOWLY).
efithian

Post by efithian »

You can usually find the length of the film online. It is listed as 1:55:21. There is only one choice that is that time. It is 0651.mpls. I ripped it and viewed it and it is fine. 0919.mpls is close at 1:55:22.
repstein

Post by repstein »

I'm running Windows, have minimum title size set to 120, have the region A Blu-ray+DVD+Digital HD Extended Edition that also includes the theatrical version. I cannot find 00651.mpls. I have 00649.mpl and the next is 00655.mpls.

I don't have a 00919.mpls either.

Do all the people posting have the rental versions or something? I purchased mine via Amazon.

Regards,

Randy