Where do I upload dump files?

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
madfloyd

Where do I upload dump files?

Post by madfloyd »

I just got The Fly (1958 version that was just released by Fox) and it rips but plays back wrong (same problem as other Fox titles).

I have a dump file (38MB), how do I get this to support?

Thanks in advance.
Romansh

Re: Where do I upload dump files?

Post by Romansh »

Dropbox, for example.
macseven77

Post by macseven77 »

How do you locate the dump file on your mac?
sirko

Post by sirko »

I don't have a mac to verify with so this is going by how it works on other platforms. The dump files are created in a folder called ".MakeMKV" in your user folder/home, this folder is hidden on Linux and Mac since it starts with a dot. Either tell finder to show hidden files, can't remember how you do that, or use the console and move the dump file to somewhere you can see it, say your desktop. Command line would be something like "mv .MakeMKV/dump-***.tgz /Desktop/".
Jon Walker

Post by Jon Walker »

sirko wrote: I don't have a mac to verify with so this is going by how it works on other platforms. The dump files are created in a folder called ".MakeMKV" in your user folder/home, this folder is hidden on Linux and Mac since it starts with a dot. Either tell finder to show hidden files, can't remember how you do that, or use the console and move the dump file to somewhere you can see it, say your desktop. Command line would be something like "mv .MakeMKV/dump-***.tgz /Desktop/".
Not the way it works on my Mac. The TGZ dump file is automatically stored in the default or user defined "MakeMKV data directory" as specified in the "MakeMKV preferences" window under the "General" tab. In may case, as depicted below:

sirko

Post by sirko »

Jon Walker wrote: Not the way it works on my Mac. The TGZ dump file is automatically stored in the default or user defined "MakeMKV data directory" as specified in the "MakeMKV preferences" window under the "General" tab. In may case, as depicted below:
Is that the default path or have you set it yourself?
Romansh

Post by Romansh »

IIRC, default path is ~/.MakeMKV/ (folder .MakeMKV in your Home folder).

In Finder, you can use Go To Folder…, using ~/.MakeMKV/ as the path to that folder.
Jon Walker

Post by Jon Walker »

sirko wrote: Is that the default path or have you set it yourself?
This path was defined by me. I don't actually remember the original location so I assume the above response by Romansh to be correct for the default location.