Before I purchase Question

Everything related to MakeMKV
ReCode

Before I purchase Question

Post by ReCode »

This post has two questions (A & B) and may or may not be similar.

A. Scenarios: 1. Say that I purchase MakeMKV and then with no reason my computer becomes inoperable and I have to reinstall Windows.
2. I delete MakeMKV accidentally.
3. .....

After scenario "X" happens I re-install MakeMKV.
Would my registration key still be valid or do I need to repurchase or email support proving my situation and get another key?

I'm interested in the people that had a real world tragedy as above and was able to resolve it effectively. These are just some generic scenarios and there may be more...
I don't want doubts like "I'm sure", "If you", "As I know of" or "I've tried". I need answers not ambiguity here.

I'm just worried about this possibility occurring to me.

B. Do registration keys have unlimited usage?
Woodstock

Re: Before I purchase Question

Post by Woodstock »

The registration key is the registration key. It works on MakeMKV whether it is installed on WinXP, Win7, Win8x, Linux, or OSX. As long as you keep a copy of it (or request a copy), it will be valid when you reinstall MakeMKV.

I have MakeMKV installed on 5 different computers, including a Mac, so I can rip using whichever one is not busy at the time. Make that 6 - I forgot that it's installed on one of the Linux boxes, too.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
ReCode

Post by ReCode »

It's great news to read your reply.
I had to be sure before I invest on the MakeMKV.
Thank you :)
Devore

Post by Devore »

You can install licensed MakeMKV on as many computers as you like, but can only use one at a time. If you need to reinstall, same thing. IF you lose your license, you can email support to get the key, or better yet, back it up on a USB stick or cloud storage somewhere.
sippelmc

Post by sippelmc »

You wont regret it. It's an incredibly great product and well worth the money. Enjoy!