False AnyDVD error message

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
dalgrep

False AnyDVD error message

Post by dalgrep »

When I attempt to convert any Blu Ray I receive a pop message that states

"It appears that you have AnyDVD enabled. MakeMKV should process discs with most sophisticated protections without help of any 3rd party decryption software....etc"

The problem is I DON'T have AnyDVD installed on my computers.

And when i attempted to conver the blu ray anyway it would have taken over 130 hours!

Any help much appreciated!

Woodstock

Re: False AnyDVD error message

Post by Woodstock »

So, what type computer? What operating system? What version MakeMKV? Do you have the debug log from the attempted rip?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
dalgrep

Post by dalgrep »

I've got a 2 year old Dell XPX running Windows 7, fully updated. I just downloaded MakeMkv from the website yesterday, so it's the latest version running in trial mode. The AnyDvd error message popped up before any decoding started so there really is no Log to refer to. There is something about my computer that MakeMKV appears to be allergic to.

I'm curious. Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

I would really like to be able to use MakeMKV but at this point I don't see how...
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Did your Dell come with bluray playback software?

If so, it could be tripping the warning. Many install "drivers" that get between the actual hardware and your software (in this case, MakeMKV), and can really muck things up. When I first installed MakeMKV 5 years ago, I had to uninstall the BD player to get things to work correctly, because it kept "updating the firmware" to include the latest AACS codes.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Knocks

Post by Knocks »

I am still getting this message in 2020. MakeMKV 1.14.4. Windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron laptop, no Blu-ray software installed whatsoever.
truckerCLOCK

Post by truckerCLOCK »

Was wondering if anyone has found a fix for this? I just updated to the latest version today and keep getting this error. It's been awhile since I've used MakeMKV but I've never had AnyDVD software installed.