Audio dropouts from mkv with truehd

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
Tsunamijhoe

Audio dropouts from mkv with truehd

Post by Tsunamijhoe »

Hey guys
Can anyone tell me why i get audio dropouts from a truehd track in a mkv made with this program? It only occurs on truehd tracks,and seems to be happening when you pass a chapter.

This is happening from a mkv of John Wick and is very annoying.
Woodstock

Re: Audio dropouts from mkv with truehd

Post by Woodstock »

At a guess, I'd say your description is where there were time code differences between tracks on the rip. If you have debug logging enabled, AND have not suppressed AV sync messages, MakeMKV will report where it tries to resynchronize the two.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Tsunamijhoe

Post by Tsunamijhoe »

Woodstock wrote:At a guess, I'd say your description is where there were time code differences between tracks on the rip. If you have debug logging enabled, AND have not suppressed AV sync messages, MakeMKV will report where it tries to resynchronize the two.
I am not sure i understand what you mean? makemkv did report frameskips and sync messages,but i read somewhere that was normal with these seamless branched blurays?
If this is not normal,how do i rip similar discs with many small segments and not have the same error?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

It is rather normal, but it is possible that it throws off the TrueHD audio.

I am assuming that you're doing a pass-through on the audio, rather than converting it to FLAC. If you're converting to FLAC, it is also possible that there is problem with the code that does the conversion.

I would recommend sending Mike the debug log and information files asked for in the FAQ in my signature, so he can look at it (address in the FAQ). He may come back with a request to do a "test dump" rip, which provides even more information.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Tsunamijhoe

Post by Tsunamijhoe »

Woodstock wrote:It is rather normal, but it is possible that it throws off the TrueHD audio.

I am assuming that you're doing a pass-through on the audio, rather than converting it to FLAC. If you're converting to FLAC, it is also possible that there is problem with the code that does the conversion.

I would recommend sending Mike the debug log and information files asked for in the FAQ in my signature, so he can look at it (address in the FAQ). He may come back with a request to do a "test dump" rip, which provides even more information.
I am doing passthrough because i want the atmos track. Unfortunatly i didnt keep the log when i ripped the disc,as i didnt think anything was wrong.
I will try and rip it again when i get the time,and post the log.
barrygordon

Post by barrygordon »

Did you ever get this resolved as I am having the same issue. The 5.1 track plays fine, but not the TrueHD track. I have a huch it may be the Atmos encoding on the TrueHD track.

Any help would be appreciated.