MKV Files acting strange.

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
Filtenmix

MKV Files acting strange.

Post by Filtenmix »

Hello! So I am not sure if I am at the right forum but I will try and see if anyone can help me here.. :?
So I am not stupid, I do know alot about computers and file formats,torrents and codecs.
But I can't figure out what the problem can be this time.

I have 2 external devices that I connect to my Panasonic Viera as750.
One is an external harddrive with 3.0 usb and the oter one is a flash drive with 3.0 usb.
My TV have 3.0 usb connection so thats not the issue and also I know that "duh" there is not always a most to have it.

The thing is, I have many movies and series downloaded to both my hard drive and flash drive and I watch them almost every day.

But now some movies that I have is getting like strange interrupting lines in the middle of the movie (different times on different movies).

What could be the problem?

The files does work fine on my xbox one and on my computer just not on my TV. I have tried other hard drives and flash drives and it is the same issue.

I use MKV files almost always in the same codecs and quality. I want the best quality and sound possible since it is a great tv and sound system.
So all files almost work but a small amount of movies does not.

I am almost sure it is not the hard drives or the flash drives. And it should not be the tv.
I have compared the working files with the non working files and I can' see any difference..
One movie gets the lines on 35 minutes in and an other in 1h:30 minutes in..
Can I see somehow if the files is corrupted?
Could anyone of you compare the files by just asking me certain questions about the files that I could look up?

What can it be?

The image gets similar to this but not as hard, and not colored. Thiner lines.

And this is some codec info(Yes it is in Swedish but the facts are the same):

I appreciate all the help I can get and if you have any tips for where I should go if this place can't help please advise me. :D
Woodstock

Re: MKV Files acting strange.

Post by Woodstock »

Do the errors always occur at the same place in the same files? Or does the position of the error vary with playback?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
ndjamena

Post by ndjamena »

If you fast forward to the "damaged" sections do they still bug out?

Try remuxing the thing, and try forcing the frame rate to the proper 23.976 film rate (24000/1001).

(This is a site for DVD/Blu Ray ripping, not torrents.)

And posting an image that's SIMILAR to your problem, isn't very helpful.
Filtenmix

Post by Filtenmix »

Woodstock wrote:Do the errors always occur at the same place in the same files? Or does the position of the error vary with playback?
Always at the same spot on the files.

ON "Jurrasic Park" it is 1h:32 min. On "The Drop" it is 35 min.
Filtenmix

Post by Filtenmix »

ndjamena wrote:If you fast forward to the "damaged" sections do they still bug out?

Try remuxing the thing, and try forcing the frame rate to the proper 23.976 film rate (24000/1001).

(This is a site for DVD/Blu Ray ripping, not torrents.)

And posting an image that's SIMILAR to your problem, isn't very helpful.
Yes I have tried to forward, just to see if there was maybe a buffering/loading issue for my tv. But it is no difference.

OKey, okey thank you.