BatchMKV - batch GUI for MakeMKV

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
NullBy7e
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:11 pm

Re: BatchMKV - batch GUI for MakeMKV

Post by NullBy7e » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:11 pm

You literally saved me from converting 50 ISOs manually!
Thank you!

I have a request though;
What about an option to have the output MKV be of the same name as of the input ISO (if 1 title)?

Example:

Star Trek - Nemesis.ISO -> Star Trek - Nemesis.mkv

kenneth
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:53 pm

Re: BatchMKV - batch GUI for MakeMKV

Post by kenneth » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:20 pm

AlbertX wrote:Can you recommend me some automatic software to then convert the file so I can make it smaller? Because 25 Gigas a file I think is still a little bit much hehehehe
I find Handbrake is a good option.
AlbertX wrote:I think you will make a hell of a software if you added that possibility into your software, it rips the Blu Ray and the compressed or transcode I don't know the right word.
That would be nice, but I'm afraid that's just too complicated. I'll focus on the batch-part of MakeMKV, I'm quite sure you can set up batch transcoding using Handbrake after that.
BatchMKV - free Windows-based batch processing software for MakeMKV

kenneth
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:53 pm

Re: BatchMKV - batch GUI for MakeMKV

Post by kenneth » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:22 pm

NullBy7e wrote:You literally saved me from converting 50 ISOs manually!
Thank you!
Awesome, thanks :)
NullBy7e wrote:I have a request though;
What about an option to have the output MKV be of the same name as of the input ISO (if 1 title)?

Example:

Star Trek - Nemesis.ISO -> Star Trek - Nemesis.mkv
Sure, I'll look into something like this for the next update.
BatchMKV - free Windows-based batch processing software for MakeMKV

chammy
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:45 pm

Feedback

Post by chammy » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:25 pm

Excellent project! The interface and features are the best I've seen so far. Something like this has been long overdue for MakeMKV!

Created an account solely for providing you this feedback on how this project can continue to be improvised.

Seeing the interface motivated me to attempt to remux 1TB of my Blurays which are in the form of ISOs & Bluray folders. All protections are disabled & I'm able to play every single source using MPC-HC.

Few feature suggestions & some bugs:
1. There should be a global option to 'Keep at current location' for Source files. I only see 'Archive' & 'Delete' in global options. 'Keep at current location' is only available when selected individually for Bluray folders. And it is not available for ISOs even when selected individually.

2. Please add an option to Save the current session/selections. I painstakingly selected all the tracks, names, etc. I want in each of my titles. Lost all of them when my PC crashed. Lost all of them again when many titles failed to convert.

3. Please add an option to expand the selected titles by default (in the middle column). It will save many clicks during review of selections. Currently, even if I expand a title and make my selections, it auto-collapses soon after I leave for the next title & appears collapsed when I come back for a quick review.

4. Please add an option to inherit file name based on folder name Eg: FolderName[dot]TitleNameOrNumberIfMoreThanOneTitle[dot]Remux.mkv. Naming the titles was the most time-consuming step for me while making the selections.

5. The program is currently missing languages that exist in MakeMKV. Eg: Indian languages such as Hindi, Tamil, Telugu. These languages show as undertermined & don't even allow manually entering the correct language.

6. Program does not provide a way to include jpg cover attachments

7. My source files are accessed from a NAS over Windows networking (smb) @ 25-30MB/s. Destinations are same as source file (i.e., NAS over Windows networking). After selecting 60+ sources, I hit Convert selected sources. The first 3 projects which are Bluray folders failed (two had no protection, one had AnyDVD decryption folder within). I don't know if it's something to do with the set-up. The forth project which is an ISO has been running ok for the past few minutes. I don't know what exactly triggered the fails for the Bluray folders, a bummer for me if other Bluray folder projects fail also because that may mean I'd lose all the customizations when I eventually close the program :(
Update: Conversion failed for all the Bluray folders in this list. ISO tasks seem to be running. My observation leads me to think that the global "Same as source" output folder setting is not being respected for Bluray folders.

8. Initially had trouble analyzing files because makemkv did not want to start it's 30 day evaluation period. Ran makemkv as admin (to possibly avoid non-registration issues in new Windows 10) and completed remuxing a short title using makemkv directly. This triggered the start of 30 day evaluation period. BatchMKV analyzed ok after that. This is a makemkv issue and not batchmkv issue. Just posting here if it may help someone in a similar scenario.

9. ISO files seem to take quite a bit longer to be analyzed than Bluray folders. Not sure if that's to be expected. It wasn't so noticeable in my MakeMKV usage.

10. I haven't tried closing the program when the projects are running. So, I don't know if this is already a feature. It would be good to have the program prompt a confirmation before closing if projects are running.

11. If feasible, an option to pause the process mid-way or at least pause after completion of current operation would be great (especially if it allows system saving of the status and to resume even after restarting program).

12. Unable to manually type an Output folder in Global settings. Typing seems to be allowed to specify Output folder for individual tasks (although I'm not sure if it's respected). Browsing through the Explorer to specify a global setting for Output folder only lists my NAS by it's name. So, I'm unable to specify in the global setting which LAN IP address to use to access the NAS. It's helpful to dedicate a LAN IP for this task for better performance (when NAS has multiple ethernet ports) while other tasks have uninterrupted bandwidth over other ethernet ports.

Hope this seemingly overwhelming feedback is helpful to you. I think you will save many of us from a lot of boring time. Get the program stable & add a donate button in the program!
Last edited by chammy on Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

kenneth
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:53 pm

Re: Feedback

Post by kenneth » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:41 pm

chammy wrote:Excellent project! The interface and features are the best I've seen so far. Something like this has been long overdue for MakeMKV!

Created an account solely for providing you this feedback on how this project can continue to be improvised.

Seeing the interface motivated me to attempt to remux 1TB of my Blurays which are in the form of ISOs & Bluray folders. All protections are disabled & I'm able to play every single source using MPC-HC.

Few feature suggestions & some bugs:
1. There should be a global option to 'Keep at current location' for Source files. I only see 'Archive' & 'Delete' in global options. 'Keep at current location' is only available when selected individually for Bluray folders. And it is not available for ISOs even when selected individually.

2. Please add an option to Save the current session/selections. I painstakingly selected all the tracks, names, etc. I want in each of my titles. Lost all of them when my PC crashed. Lost all of them again when many titles failed to convert.

3. Please add an option to expand the selected titles by default (in the middle column). It will save many clicks during review of selections. Currently, even if I expand a title and make my selections, it auto-collapses soon after I leave for the next title & appears collapsed when I come back for a quick review.

4. Please add an option to inherit file name based on folder name Eg: FolderName[dot]TitleNameOrNumberIfMoreThanOneTitle[dot]Remux.mkv. Naming the titles was the most time-consuming step for me while making the selections.

5. The program is currently missing languages that exist in MakeMKV. Eg: Indian languages such as Hindi, Tamil, Telugu. These languages show as undertermined & don't even allow manually entering the correct language.

6. Program does not provide a way to include jpg cover attachments

7. My source files are accessed from a NAS over Windows networking (smb) @ 25-30MB/s. Destinations are same as source file (i.e., NAS over Windows networking). After selecting 60+ sources, I hit Convert selected sources. The first 3 projects which are Bluray folders failed (two had no protection, one had AnyDVD decryption folder within). I don't know if it's something to do with the set-up. The forth project which is an ISO has been running ok for the past few minutes. I don't know what exactly triggered the fails for the Bluray folders, a bummer for me if other Bluray folder projects fail also because that may mean I'd lose all the customizations when I eventually close the program :(
Update: Conversion failed for all the Bluray folders in this list. ISO tasks seem to be running. My observation leads me to think that the global "Same as source" output folder setting is not being respected for Bluray folders.

8. Initially had trouble analyzing files because makemkv did not want to start it's 30 day evaluation period. Ran makemkv as admin (to possibly avoid non-registration issues in new Windows 10) and completed remuxing a short title using makemkv directly. This triggered the start of 30 day evaluation period. BatchMKV analyzed ok after that. This is a makemkv issue and not batchmkv issue. Just posting here if it may help someone in a similar scenario.

9. ISO files seem to take quite a bit longer to be analyzed than Bluray folders. Not sure if that's to be expected. It wasn't so noticeable in my MakeMKV usage.

10. I haven't tried closing the program when the projects are running. So, I don't know if this is already a feature. It would be good to have the program prompt a confirmation before closing if projects are running.

11. If feasible, an option to pause the process mid-way or at least pause after completion of current operation would be great (especially if it allows system saving of the status and to resume even after restarting program).

12. Unable to manually type an Output folder in Global settings. Typing seems to be allowed to specify Output folder for individual tasks (although I'm not sure if it's respected). Browsing through the Explorer to specify a global setting for Output folder only lists my NAS by it's name. So, I'm unable to specify in the global setting which LAN IP address to use to access the NAS. It's helpful to dedicate a LAN IP for this task for better performance (when NAS has multiple ethernet ports) while other tasks have uninterrupted bandwidth over other ethernet ports.

Hope this seemingly overwhelming feedback is helpful to you. I think you will save many of us from a lot of boring time. Get the program stable & add a donate button in the program!
Thanks!

Many good suggestions, I'll make a note of them for when I next get some time to work on the program. The bugs will also be fixed.
BatchMKV - free Windows-based batch processing software for MakeMKV

Chetwood
Posts: 782
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:16 am

Re: BatchMKV - batch GUI for MakeMKV

Post by Chetwood » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:38 am

I especially agree with 2 and 4 whereas I'd like [foldername].mkv as the output. During conversion of several BDs the status for one read "conversion failed" but the conversion had gone through, only the file was still in the temp folder and named title00.mkv. Also, how do you determine what sub is to be the forced one? And what about options to play a sound/start a program/shutdown the machine once the queue is done? Thx.
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch

kenneth
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:53 pm

Re: BatchMKV - batch GUI for MakeMKV

Post by kenneth » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:11 pm

Version 0.5.2 of BatchMKV is now available.

A range of new features, improvements and a few bug fixes have been implemented.

A list of changes can be found in the changelog:
http://www.adeptweb.dk/BatchMKV/docs/changelog.pdf
Last edited by kenneth on Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BatchMKV - free Windows-based batch processing software for MakeMKV

kenneth
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:53 pm

Re: BatchMKV - batch GUI for MakeMKV

Post by kenneth » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:52 pm

A minor update to the application has been posted. It fixes a bug where unnamed titles could crash BatchMKV under certain circumstances.
BatchMKV - free Windows-based batch processing software for MakeMKV

idznak
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:54 am

Re: BatchMKV - batch GUI for MakeMKV

Post by idznak » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:06 am

I'm using the Version 0.5.2.20.
Always when analysing a file BatchMKV is crashing.

System: Windows 10
MKVToolnix mkvtoolnix-64bit-8.5.1
MakeMKV 1.9.7 for Windows

Windows Event Log:
Fehlerbucket 128943110714, Typ 5
Ereignisname: CLR20r3
Antwort: Nicht verfügbar
CAB-Datei-ID: 0

Problemsignatur:
P1: BatchMKV.exe
P2: 0.5.0.0
P3: 562e5787
P4: MKVTools
P5: 1.0.0.0
P6: 5629597d
P7: b3
P8: 1b3
P9: System.Exception
P10:

Angefügte Dateien:
C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE309.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Temp\WEREE94.tmp.appcompat.txt
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WEREEC3.tmp.dmp
C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Temp\WERF2EB.tmp.WERDataCollectionFailure.txt

Diese Dateien befinden sich möglicherweise hier:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_BatchMKV.exe_2e5bdaf6c314fd908fd15cf42ac17493dfb9a7a_e9bdff91_2ffb01fb

Analysesymbol:
Es wird erneut nach einer Lösung gesucht: 0
Berichts-ID: c1c41c23-2e24-46c5-a433-5df4e63a4b14
Berichtstatus: 4104
Bucket mit Hash: 3f61a22fdf30ecd16d757c764c60bd3c

--------------------------------------------------------------

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: BatchMKV.exe, Version: 0.5.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x562e5787
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: KERNELBASE.dll, Version: 10.0.10240.16384, Zeitstempel: 0x559f3b2a
Ausnahmecode: 0xe0434352
Fehleroffset: 0x000b3e28
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x3cd0
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d11156f3e91cfc
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\OQYM5HMR.K3L\966CZZBZ.CKK\batc..tion_a90948dc3126db40_0000.0005_40bb68c38b9d048b\BatchMKV.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\KERNELBASE.dll
Berichtskennung: c1c41c23-2e24-46c5-a433-5df4e63a4b14
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets:
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anwendung: BatchMKV.exe
Frameworkversion: v4.0.30319
Beschreibung: Der Prozess wurde aufgrund einer unbehandelten Ausnahme beendet.
Ausnahmeinformationen: System.Exception
Stapel:
bei MKVTools.Track..ctor(System.Collections.Generic.List`1<System.String>, MKVTools.Title)
bei MKVTools.Title..ctor(MKVTools.Source, MKVTools.Disc, System.Collections.Generic.List`1<System.String>, MKVTools.MakeMKV, MKVTools.MKVToolNix)
bei MKVTools.Source.process_Exited(System.Object, System.EventArgs)
bei System.Diagnostics.Process.OnExited()
bei System.Diagnostics.Process.RaiseOnExited()
bei System.Diagnostics.Process.CompletionCallback(System.Object, Boolean)
bei System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitOrTimerCallback.WaitOrTimerCallback_Context(System.Object, Boolean)
bei System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitOrTimerCallback.WaitOrTimerCallback_Context_f(System.Object)
bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
bei System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitOrTimerCallback.PerformWaitOrTimerCallback(System.Object, Boolean)

kenneth
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:53 pm

Re: BatchMKV - batch GUI for MakeMKV

Post by kenneth » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:02 pm

idznak wrote:I'm using the Version 0.5.2.20.
Always when analysing a file BatchMKV is crashing.
I've posted version 0.5.2.21 where I've adjusted a few things which might help. If you still experience this issue:
  • Does it always happen, regardless of the source and source type? Please try analyzing one source at a time to try and identify which sources crash and which do not (DVD folders, Blu-ray folders, ISOs, mkv files)
  • If there are any files where it does not happen, would it be possible for you to send me one of the files which do crash BatchMKV?
BatchMKV - free Windows-based batch processing software for MakeMKV

kenneth
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:53 pm

Re: BatchMKV - batch GUI for MakeMKV

Post by kenneth » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:17 pm

I've posted version 0.6.0 which has a significant new (requested) feature as well as various improvements and bug fixes:

New features:
  • Analysis results and source, title and track settings are persisted between sessions by default (can be disabled). This includes the expanded/collapsed state of titles and tracks, which will persist between sessions and when selecting different sources. Source, title and track settings are also restored if a source was moved, although it will need to be re-analyzed before BatchMKV can recognize it. (Note: All data is stored in the store.bmkv file in the AppData/Roaming/BatchMKV folder.)
Improvements:
  • Selecting and deselecting many titles at a time using the context menu is now much faster.
  • Titles included by default are expanded by default in Title/Track view after analysis.
Bug fixes:
  • Unnamed titles could crash BatchMKV under certain circumstances.
  • Incorrect source action (keep/archive/delete post-conversion) could be applied under certain circumstances.
  • Analysis/conversion of optical drive sources could fail under certain circumstances in systems with more than one optical drive.
  • Newly inserted discs in optical drives would not be discovered under certain circumstances.
BatchMKV should update automatically the next time you run it. A link to install BatchMKV can be found in the first post of this thread.
BatchMKV - free Windows-based batch processing software for MakeMKV

altano
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:36 pm

Re: BatchMKV - batch GUI for MakeMKV

Post by altano » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:45 am

Thanks for making this great tool. I was using MakeMKV Batch Converter but it stopped working, so I had occasion to find another tool, and so far I am loving yours.

Feature requests and questions:
  • Is there a simple way to backup the settings now that I've experimented and got them just how I want them? A reg key I can export? An ini file somewhere?
  • I am getting empty filenames, like ".mkv". How do I deal with this? I tried using the "Default title settings - Filename" set to "custom" and "{filename-default}{source-file|if-empty}.mkv" (bold part is what I added), but this doesn't work: presumably because "if-empty" is defeated by the extension. I even tried "{titleindex-all} - {filename-default}{source-file|if-empty}.mkv" and the output was still just ".mkv" and not " - .mkv" like I would expect. It's almost as if the title settings aren't working?
I'll probably have more in the future. Thanks again!

kenneth
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:53 pm

Re: BatchMKV - batch GUI for MakeMKV

Post by kenneth » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:43 am

altano wrote:Thanks for making this great tool. I was using MakeMKV Batch Converter but it stopped working, so I had occasion to find another tool, and so far I am loving yours.

Feature requests and questions:
  • Is there a simple way to backup the settings now that I've experimented and got them just how I want them? A reg key I can export? An ini file somewhere?
  • I am getting empty filenames, like ".mkv". How do I deal with this? I tried using the "Default title settings - Filename" set to "custom" and "{filename-default}{source-file|if-empty}.mkv" (bold part is what I added), but this doesn't work: presumably because "if-empty" is defeated by the extension. I even tried "{titleindex-all} - {filename-default}{source-file|if-empty}.mkv" and the output was still just ".mkv" and not " - .mkv" like I would expect. It's almost as if the title settings aren't working?
Thanks!

I'll have a look at these during the weekend.
BatchMKV - free Windows-based batch processing software for MakeMKV

Sendero
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:39 pm

Re: BatchMKV - batch GUI for MakeMKV

Post by Sendero » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:43 pm

<Deleted> found answer elsewhere.
Last edited by Sendero on Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kenneth
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:53 pm

Re: BatchMKV - batch GUI for MakeMKV

Post by kenneth » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:49 pm

Sendero wrote:I get an error of
"You are trying to start MakeMKV evaluation from a third-party application. Please launch MakeMKV if you would like to start the evaluation period"

I've launched MakeMKV and still get this message. Do I have to purchase MakeMKV before using this tool? I was hoping to try it out for my scenario before paying for it.
This error is not related to BatchMKV. I got the same error earlier today. I fixed it by installing the latest version of MakeMKV and re-entering the beta registration key (it appears to work even though the latest posted on the forums here is stated to expire end of January).
BatchMKV - free Windows-based batch processing software for MakeMKV

Post Reply