Segment map

Everything related to MakeMKV
rjbell4

Segment map

Post by rjbell4 »

Is there a way to get a list of titles with their segment maps? It doesn't seem to be included in "makemkvcon info". Pressing "down arrow" over and over again scanning the lists in the GUI isn't really cutting it...
ndjamena

Re: Segment map

Post by ndjamena »

My Powershell script uses this:
&$MakeMKVCon "--noscan" "-r" "--messages=-stdout" "--progress=-null" ("--profile=C:\Program Files (x86)\MakeMKV\blank.mmcp.xml") "--minlength=0" "info" "disc:$Disc"
I think the -r is the important bit.

It saves the titles as their source name, then writes the segment maps into the segment title using MKVPropEdit.

Some TV shows episodes are ordered by m2ts file, some are ordered by mpls, some defy reason.

What I'd really love is more info on the segments (duration, complete set of tracks) and the IDs of each of the tracks in the title. It would make sorting these things much easier, but...
rjbell4

Post by rjbell4 »

ndjamena wrote:My Powershell script uses this:
&$MakeMKVCon "--noscan" "-r" "--messages=-stdout" "--progress=-null" ("--profile=C:\Program Files (x86)\MakeMKV\blank.mmcp.xml") "--minlength=0" "info" "disc:$Disc"
I think the -r is the important bit.
What's your "blank.mmcp.xml" file? This is what I'm using (to attempt to match you as closely as possible):
makemkvcon --noscan -r --messages=-stdout --progress=-null --profile=$HOME/blank.mmcp.xml --minlength=0 info dev:/dev/sr0
But I didn't have a blank.mmcp.xml file, so I just copied default.mmcp.xml.
ndjamena

Post by ndjamena »

This is Blank. It's pretty much exactly the same as default. I'm only interested in sorting the titles using powershell so don't need all the audio conversions showing up in the output at the info stage.

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<profile>
    <!-- profile name - Default -->
    <name lang="eng">Blank</name>

<!-- Common MKV flags -->
    <mkvSettings 
        ignoreForcedSubtitlesFlag="true"
        useISO639Type2T="false"
        setFirstAudioTrackAsDefault="true"
        setFirstSubtitleTrackAsDefault="false"
        setFirstForcedSubtitleTrackAsDefault="true"
        insertFirstChapter00IfMissing="true"
    />

<!-- Settings overridable in preferences -->
    <profileSettings
        app_DefaultSelectionString="-sel:all,+sel:(favlang|nolang|single|und),-sel:core,-sel:mvcvideo,-sel:havelossless,-sel:havemulti,=100:all,-10:favlang"
    />

<!-- Output formats currently supported by MakeMKV -->
    <outputSettings name="copy" outputFormat="directCopy">
        <description lang="eng">Copy track as is</description>
    </outputSettings>

<!-- Default rule - copy as is -->
    <trackSettings input="default">
        <output outputSettingsName="copy" 
                defaultSelection="$app_DefaultSelectionString">
        </output>
    </trackSettings>

</profile>
rjbell4

Post by rjbell4 »

Thanks. Your Powershell script, posted separately, helped me see how the TINFO lines are formatted, and how that relates to the data contained within. In particular, I think there's a lot of value in your Attributes array, which I don't see elsewhere documented:

Code: Select all

$Attributes = @(
"Unknown","Type","Name","LangCode","LangName","CodecId","CodecShort","CodecLong","ChapterCount","Duration","DiskSize","DiskSizeBytes","StreamTypeExtension","Bitrate","AudioChannelsCount","AngleInfo","SourceFileName","AudioSampleRate","AudioSampleSize","VideoSize","VideoAspectRatio","VideoFrameRate","StreamFlags","DateTime","OriginalTitleId","SegmentsCount","SegmentsMap","OutputFileName","MetadataLanguageCode","MetadataLanguageName","TreeInfo","PanelTitle","VolumeName","OrderWeight","OutputFormat","OutputFormatDescription","SeamlessInfo","PanelText","MkvFlags","MkvFlagsText","AudioChannelLayoutName","OutputCodecShort","OutputConversionType","OutputAudioSampleRate","OutputAudioSampleSize","OutputAudioChannelsCount","OutputAudioChannelLayoutName","OutputAudioChannelLayout","OutputAudioMixDescription"
)