VLC MakeMKV-libaacs TrueHD Audio Error

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
headkase

VLC MakeMKV-libaacs TrueHD Audio Error

Post by headkase »

I have: MakeMKV-libaacs installed and it works absolutely great. I can watch my Blu-Ray discs with VLC player with pretty well no issues. I am having one trouble however, when I play a title that has an audio track encoded with TrueHD then mostly the audio doesn't play (silence) with brief moments where it plays fine. I have tried to Google a solution to no avail. On the same disc that has a TrueHD audio track other tracks that use a different encoding like AAC (a52) play fine if I switch to them - the problem with that is that they aren't the main track, they are like described video or commentary.

Running in a terminal gives repeating errors like this:

[truehd @ 0x7fd6281a9620] Indicated end offset of substream 1 data is smaller than calculated start offset.

There is another main audio track as well, 5.1 audio, which is listed right under the TrueHD 7.1 track in MakeMKV itself but it is not accessible (not listed) in VLC Player.
headkase

Re: VLC MakeMKV-libaacs TrueHD Audio Error

Post by headkase »

Ok, this may be a limitation of VLC itself. See: Here. I read that in the time it took for my moderated post to appear.

If it is VLC then that's that then. However, in MakeMKV the TrueHD 7.1 sound has a sub-item which is 5.1 sound. When I rip the Blu-Ray that sound plays correctly while the 7.1 still doesn't play correctly. Instead of fixing VLC, is there any method to make that 5.1 audio stream visible in VLC? Because right now it isn't.