The Force Awakens

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
aeiou

The Force Awakens

Post by aeiou »

Hey guys Amazon was awesome and delivered The Force Awakens to me a day early. I'm trying to rip it and am getting a lot of invalid or corrupt files it seems, using MakeMKV 1.9.9 on Win 10. it says 'the source file 'xxxx' is corrupt or invalid at offset xxxxxxxxx, attempting to work around' gets a continuous stream of those errors, the numbers after "offset" change, but no progress seems to be being made. This seems to be at the end of the file, as already 30GB has been copied to disk.
DJRumpy

Re: The Force Awakens

Post by DJRumpy »

I got mine from Target. It shows 3 titles. 153 appears to be the main video file. Trying the first map of 151,153.
spliffdizzle

Post by spliffdizzle »

I got the Target exclusive version, and it showed 4 titles. I'm trying the last title (153), which it happens was a bit smaller than the other 3 (those were all 50GB, the fourth title was around 37GB).

EDIT: that didn't work at all. It started part way through the movie. Trying the first title listed now.
DJRumpy

Post by DJRumpy »

800 mpls ripped without error. I suspect the original poster has a bad or dirty disk.

I'll try watching it tonight.
jimx1169

Post by jimx1169 »

From disc purchased from Best Buy, the BR + DVD + Digital HD version, not the 'steelbox' version.

I too ripped 800.mpls and it seems to play correctly. 801 and 802 also report the proper title length so I'll try those, too.

Having said that, I haven't yet watched it all of the way through.

Just curious, though... If the incorrect title is ripped, will the file simply not play, or are the chapters of the movie in the wrong order? Or something else?
ormonster

Post by ormonster »

I just got my Blu-Ray/DVD combo from Amazon. UPC 786936849769

Using the Process Monitor I can confirm 800.mpls is the correct one. I hope. Burning it now.
EricPearce

Post by EricPearce »

I'm trying 800 as well, and sub-title forced english. Alien captions was the hardest part of figuring out on the first 6 flicks...

Any thoughts to the correct "forced subtitles"?
jimx1169

Post by jimx1169 »

Update:

Ripped 801.mpls. It appears that the only difference from 800 is that the text in the opening scene ("A long time ago, in a galaxy...") is in French. Ripping 802 just for grins.

Again, I haven't watched any of the ripped files all of the way through, but it appears that 800 is the correct title for those of us who's first language is English.

Edit to my edit: 802 has the text in the opening scene in Spanish.

To recap:

UPC 786936849769 (Best Buy, Blu-Ray + DVD + Digital HD)

800.mpls = English
801.mpls = French
802.mpls = Spanish
spliffdizzle

Post by spliffdizzle »

I just finished watching the ripped 800 and can verify it is correct.
Warmongerx

Post by Warmongerx »

I just got my copy via Amazon and getting the same problem as the OP. I'll be returning it for another copy...sigh
Last edited by Warmongerx on Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Terasaka

Post by Terasaka »

I am backing up my Target disc, special case edition. The first title is the correct one, in English. The second and third title has the rolling story opening in other languages (French, etc). The 4th title starts about 5 minutes into the movie. Subtitles about 46 minutes into the movie are hardcoded, no subtitles necessary.
aeiou

Post by aeiou »

I'm not seeing the "800.mpls" to rip from, only "The Force Awakens - BLU-RAY" and different verisons of that with different amounts of chapters and file sizes. Am I missing something or is it because I have a different version than you guys?
Warmongerx

Post by Warmongerx »

I just put it into my Panasonic Blu Ray player in my home theater and it worked fine, so I pulled the disc and after closer inspection in the sunlight, I noticed that large parts of the the disc appeared to have some sort of film or haze over it that didn't match up with the graphic on the front. I cleaned the disc with some soap and water, dried with it with some tissues and now it's working in MakeMKV just fine.

Appears maybe Amazon has some discs that were stored in maybe some colder conditions leading to the haze or film on the discs?
pusta

Post by pusta »

Is there a forced subtitle track in this movie? I only saw it once in the theater and can't remember if there is Alien Dialog.

Thanks!
EricPearce

Post by EricPearce »

pusta wrote:Is there a forced subtitle track in this movie? I only saw it once in the theater and can't remember if there is Alien Dialog.

Thanks!
pusta wrote:Is there a forced subtitle track in this movie? I only saw it once in the theater and can't remember if there is Alien Dialog.

Thanks!

Forced English (first one on my BRD). Works perfectly with 800.mpls for alien dialog.
Last edited by EricPearce on Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.