The Force Awakens

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
aeiou

Re: The Force Awakens

Post by aeiou »

Well never mind then... cleaning the disc worked Looks like Its all good now :)
michaelp1981

Post by michaelp1981 »

PLEASE HELP! I bought The Force Awakens Blu-ray and was trying to copy it and the special features disc so I could then edit in the deleted scenes to the movie (as I like to do with a lot of my movies). Anyway, I opened up the MakeMKV program, and then proceeded to "Open the disc".

However, the disc wouldn't even open. It kept saying things like (and sorry, it wouldn't let me attach a screenshot):
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE - AUTHENTICATION FAILURE' occurred while issuing SCSI command (then lots of numbers and letters appeared... blah blah blah).

There was probably about 30 lines of basically that same message. And then the long message ended by saying:
Can't read AACS VID from disc - most likely current AACS host certificate is revoked by your drive
Highest AACS version is v57 , MKB saved as /Users/michaelp1981/.MakeMKV/MKB_v57_THE_FORCE_AWAKENS_BONUS_DISC.tgz
The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted
Failed to open disc

I thought maybe since The Force Awakens is brand new, that it had been coded to not let MakeMKV rip it. BUT THEN I decided to test opening other Blu-ray discs that I own and have previously copied in past years, and not one of them would open. The same long message as above showed up for each of those Blu-rays which I had successfully copied in the past. And what’s even stranger is that MakeMKV still acknowledges all of those different Blu-rays that I tested as “THE_FORCE_AWAKENS_BONUS_DISC.tgz” rather than the name of each individual Blu-ray that I tested. BUT it still rips DVDs just fine as always.

So something got screwed up when I tried to copy my Force Awakens Blu-ray, and now I can’t copy any Blu-rays at all - not even the ones I’ve successfully copied in the past.

I have no idea what went wrong or how to fix it! Somebody please HELP!
DJRumpy

Post by DJRumpy »

Sounds like a software issue, or a hardware failure. In any case if it's happening on every disk, then you should open a new thread specific to your issue since it is not disk specific.

I would suggest you reinstall your software at a minimum, and open your own thread on the topic. It's possible the key used by your player has been revoked and needs updating.

"AACS includes a system by which the keys assigned to a particular player can be "revoked" for future Blu-ray disc releases if it is determined that those keys have been compromised. When a newer Blu-ray disc is inserted into an older drive, the drive is required to check the version of the "Media Key Block" (MKB) on the disc and, if it is newer than the one the drive has internally, to copy over to permanent non-volatile memory the newer MKB. Thus playing newer discs propagates the revoked key lists out to all drives."

A good read if you're bored.

http://www.miraizon.com/support/info_co ... ction.html
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Expanding on DJRumpy's answer...

Version 57 of AACS is already handled by MakeMKV v1.9.9, and others have been able to rip TFA without issue.

But your issue is that the part of the disk that triggers the AACS key exchange is giving you problems. There are probably some additional errors BEFORE the key exchange errors, for not being able to read the directory.

There is also the possibility that the operating system has opened the disk first, and is not letting MakeMKV talk to it directly. You can test this by not inserting the disk until AFTER MakeMKV is running.

By the way, screen shots are rarely useful, but debug logs (see FAQ in my signature) can help a lot.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
ShawnCA

Post by ShawnCA »

I have ripped the title with source file 00800 however I dont get any audio. Any ideas on how to fix this? This is the first disc I have had this problem with. I have ripped other discs today without this problem. However, they were older titles.

Thanks for the help
ShawnCA

Post by ShawnCA »

Never mind...I ripped it again and now it works
mkvgrub

Post by mkvgrub »

jimx1169 wrote:Update:

Ripped 801.mpls. It appears that the only difference from 800 is that the text in the opening scene ("A long time ago, in a galaxy...") is in French. Ripping 802 just for grins.

Again, I haven't watched any of the ripped files all of the way through, but it appears that 800 is the correct title for those of us who's first language is English.

Edit to my edit: 802 has the text in the opening scene in Spanish.

To recap:

UPC 786936849769 (Best Buy, Blu-Ray + DVD + Digital HD)

800.mpls = English
801.mpls = French
802.mpls = Spanish
mkvgrub

Post by mkvgrub »

mkvgrub wrote:
jimx1169 wrote:Update:

Ripped 801.mpls. It appears that the only difference from 800 is that the text in the opening scene ("A long time ago, in a galaxy...") is in French. Ripping 802 just for grins.

Again, I haven't watched any of the ripped files all of the way through, but it appears that 800 is the correct title for those of us who's first language is English.

Edit to my edit: 802 has the text in the opening scene in Spanish.

To recap:

UPC 786936849769 (Best Buy, Blu-Ray + DVD + Digital HD)

800.mpls = English
801.mpls = French
802.mpls = Spanish
mgutt

Post by mgutt »

This is the German Blu-Ray EAN: 8717418477196
Titelinformationen
Name: The Force Awakens - BLU-RAY (English)
Name der Quelldatei: 00800.mpls
Länge: 2:18:06
Anzahl der Kapitel: 50
Size: 37.5 GB
Segmentanzahl: 3
Segmentkarte: 151,152,153
Name der Ausgabedatei: title_00.mkv

Titelinformationen
Name der Quelldatei: 00801.mpls
Segmentkarte: 154,152,153
Name der Ausgabedatei: title_01.mkv

Titelinformationen
Name der Quelldatei: 00802.mpls
Segmentkarte: 155,152,153
Name der Ausgabedatei: title_02.mkv

00800.mpls = 00151.mpls = English intro
00801.mpls = 00154.mpls = German intro
00802.mpls = 00155.mpls = Polish intro