Disc Type Wrong

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
jdc0730

Disc Type Wrong

Post by jdc0730 »

I am having a lot of weirdness with MakeMKV. It has been working fine for a long time and now it is incorrectly identifying all discs including those that worked before. I have a DVD that I have tried both in my external Blu-Ray drive and the internal slot drive. It appears as a Blu-Ray on the Blu-Ray drive and an HD-DVD on the slot drive. I am also getting the following error, which happens on both drives:

Error 'OS error - ERROR_FFFFFFFF' occured while reading 'DVD+R-DL MATSHITA DVD-R UJ-85J FM0S' at offset '524288'
Error 'OS error - ERROR_FFFFFFFF' occured while reading 'DVD+R-DL MATSHITA DVD-R UJ-85J FM0S' at offset '1048576'
Error 'OS error - ERROR_FFFFFFFF' occured while reading 'DVD+R-DL MATSHITA DVD-R UJ-85J FM0S' at offset '32768'
Error 'OS error - ERROR_FFFFFFFF' occured while reading 'DVD+R-DL MATSHITA DVD-R UJ-85J FM0S' at offset '524288'
Error 'OS error - ERROR_FFFFFFFF' occured while reading 'DVD+R-DL MATSHITA DVD-R UJ-85J FM0S' at offset '1048576'
Error 'OS error - ERROR_FFFFFFFF' occured while reading 'DVD+R-DL MATSHITA DVD-R UJ-85J FM0S' at offset '32768'

Any help? Where are the preferences stored? I was going to reset them to the default. Thanks.

Jeff
jdc0730

Re: Disc Type Wrong

Post by jdc0730 »

Answered my own question, found the settings file and renamed it. It corrected the problem. The only thing I had done in the file was accidentally click the disable direct access checkbox and then recheck it.
alehel

Re: Disc Type Wrong

Post by alehel »

I had a very similar problem. I had changed the settings to do with direct disc mode. Despite the fact that I changed the settings back again, it just wouldn't work. I used appzapper to remove the program and all asociated files from my computer. I then downloaded a new copy of MakeMKV and it's working again.