ISO / Mount problem?

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
doop404

ISO / Mount problem?

Post by doop404 »

hi

using osx mavericks. installed latest version of makemkv, I'm not sure what i am doing wrong, i can't find how to get my bluray iso which has protections in it on my hdd into makemkv to make a backup so that it outputs to bdmv and certificate folders how do you get makemkv to open a iso.

also if i mount the iso in osx when i open makemkv it does not see the mount image? only my internal dvdr drive, what do i have to do?

many thx

doop
Woodstock

Re: ISO / Mount problem?

Post by Woodstock »

You should not have to mount the ISO, simply tell MakeMKV to open the file. It should detect that it was a BD ISO, and respond accordingly.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
doop404

Post by doop404 »

Woodstock wrote:You should not have to mount the ISO, simply tell MakeMKV to open the file. It should detect that it was a BD ISO, and respond accordingly.
if i open makemkv on osx, then click on open video files then browse to film.iso, it only gives me the option to output to mkv and the backup is greyed out, which is the option i need to output to blu ray disk structure ie, bdmv, certificate folders then i use dvdfab or something to rebuild the iso having used makemkv to strip the protections.

how do i stop the backup option being greyed out?

thx
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

As far as I have seen, the Backup option is only available when opening a physical BD, not an ISO.
doop404

Post by doop404 »

Woodstock wrote:As far as I have seen, the Backup option is only available when opening a physical BD, not an ISO.
ok thx

but if i mount the iso in osx should when i open makemkv should it not see the mounted iso as a physical?

also if i get a reg am i able to use 1 license for my mac, my windows pc and my laptop that has linux?

thx
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

If OS X is like Linux in this regard (and I think it is), the ISO file will have different characteristics in the mounting process. Opening files on the "disk" will appear to be the same for most programs, but things that require "hardware level access" won't.

The registration key works for all versions, and you can have it on multiple machines. The restriction is, essentially, that only one "user" be using it. I often have two machines doing ripping when I have a lot of disks to get through.