UHD Blu Ray

Everything related to MakeMKV
Xaikar

UHD Blu Ray

Post by Xaikar »

Probably asked somewhere but I cannot find it. I know UHD(4k) is starting to peek its heads out of the water. I was wondering if anyone knew of any drives for PC that support it yet as I really backing up the content and placing it on my Plex server. VS moving my PS4 from TV to TV. Currently my PS4 does not support UDH Blu Ray and there were some movies I wanted to get for my new 4k TV.

Any Ideas w/o breaking the bank?
MrVideo

Re: UHD Blu Ray

Post by MrVideo »

Xaikar wrote:I really backing up the content and placing it on my Plex server.
UHD AACS protection has not been broken yet, so you can't copy the content to a server for Plex usage.
Last edited by MrVideo on Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
matt198t

Post by matt198t »

I imagine it's going to be a while yet
boe_d

Post by boe_d »

I was just wondering this myself.
troyBORG

Post by troyBORG »

I just picked the LG WH16NS40 (1.02) BD-XL Drive, and tried to play a few of my UHD Discs. And it won't open any of them. Whats weird is they say there ACCS is 60. And on the front page it says they support 62... So why doesn't it work. Also I can't seem to get it to show anything in the logs so I can send it to them.
MrVideo

Post by MrVideo »

troyBORG wrote:I just picked the LG WH16NS40 (1.02) BD-XL Drive, and tried to play a few of my UHD Discs. And it won't open any of them. Whats weird is they say there ACCS is 60. And on the front page it says they support 62... So why doesn't it work. Also I can't seem to get it to show anything in the logs so I can send it to them.
The BD-XL drive has to specifically support UHD. AACS 62 is for Blu-ray, not UHD. UHD uses AACS version 2 encryption that hasn't been broken yet.
angelgraves13

Post by angelgraves13 »

Give it a year or two... It'll be a while before I had a hard drive large enough for a 4K collection.