CyberLink MediaEspresso

Everything related to MakeMKV
crzcnc_17

CyberLink MediaEspresso

Post by crzcnc_17 »

Trying to use CyberLink MediaEspresso to encode my movies but it says the audio isn't supported has anyone tried this program and if so how do I save the audio track as a different format?
Woodstock

Re: CyberLink MediaEspresso

Post by Woodstock »

Wow... had not heard of this program before, but a google search for it comes up with a wide variety of links on the first page, starting with CyberLink's product page, and ending with "How do I remove this malware?"

Based on their limitations page:
WAV, FLAC, WMA, MP3, M4A (AAC / ALAC), Videos with Dolby Digital 5.1 audio soundtracks
I'd say there aren't many audio formats that it DOES support. You may need some other tool prior to it to convert the audio. And if you need another tool, you might as well use something that supports the full conversion. although ripping with MakeMKV's FLAC profile might do the job.

Do you have Expert mode turned on (Preferences->General) in MakeMKV to allow you to use profiles?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
crzcnc_17

Post by crzcnc_17 »

Yeah figured that flac out last night!! Just trying to find something that can use intels quick sync. Thanks for your help
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

On Windows, handbrake (handbrake.fr) can use QSV. If you're not concerned about quality or size, that is.

The intention of QSV is for things like a transcoding server - you have video in one format, and it will reformat it on the fly for clients, according to what they support. It is VERY good at that.

What it isn't that good at is making files with high quality and small sizes. When I was testing it, the speed on converting BD video was 10 times what the software encoder x264 could do (300 frames per second vs. 20-30 fps), but the resultant file was 10% or more larger, and there were more visual artifacts. I gave up the speed to get the quality.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging