UHD Blu-ray help offered

Everything related to MakeMKV
nilsman

UHD Blu-ray help offered

Post by nilsman »

I've got UHD Blu-ray working in PowerDVD but MakeMKV will not work on UHD Blu-ray. This was kind of expected as it's different DRM. But let me know if I can do anything (logs/tests) to facilitate UHD support in this great products.

danBoi2016

Re: UHD Blu-ray help offered

Post by danBoi2016 »

what version of cyberlink do u have for the 4k bluray to work? plz upload it to mega and post here asap thanks
nilsman

Post by nilsman »

It is special version of PowerDVD 14 in Japanese. It came bundled with the Pioneer BDR-S11 UHD Blu-ray drive that I bought. I have also tried PowerDVD 17 but it does not play UHD Blu-ray (yet).
danBoi2016

Post by danBoi2016 »

can u upload the software to mega then post link here or post link to version u have plz, does it play 4k blurays
VAMET

Post by VAMET »

Dear nilsman
nilsman wrote:It is special version of PowerDVD 14 in Japanese. It came bundled with the Pioneer BDR-S11 UHD Blu-ray drive that I bought. I have also tried PowerDVD 17 but it does not play UHD Blu-ray (yet).
Do you have Intel Kaby Lake i5 or i7 processor? As far as I know this CPU is recommended? If I own i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, but I have also GTX 1070, which is more then enough for UHD HEVC 10-bit, will it work with my GPU or it's not compatible?

Sincerely
nilsman

Post by nilsman »

Yes, I have Kaby Lake i7 7700K. It guess might work with some Skylake processors as some of those also support Intel SGX. But those lack the needed hardware decoding for HEVC and official requirement is that Kaby Lake is needed. Older processor like 4690K do not support SGX (or HEVC) so will most likely not work but I have not tested myself. In addition only internal GPU is supported (Intel HD graphics) so Nvidia/AMD will not work even if they have HEVC decoding.