Naming MKV output

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
meyoda99

Naming MKV output

Post by meyoda99 »

As a new and registered user I cannot find a way to configure MKV so the output name is the same name of the movie/show as detected by MKV. In other words, the default name of the output MKV file is always "title00.mkv" and is not the name of the movie that I wish to convert.

Please advice...

NOTE: If this is not possible in the current version, can a feature be added so users have the ability to set the name of the output file?

Thanks.
Woodstock

Re: Naming MKV output

Post by Woodstock »

Preferences->General, make sure that "Expert mode" is checked. New options will appear on your screen.

When you open a disk, you can now edit what is present for the disk name. This affects the title names displayed. You will also be able to edit the individual title names, which will affect the file name.

And, if you look at the "Name" label "button", it is a "pull-down", where you can edit OTHER information about the title, including the file name.

Play around - there's more to it than I can explain in a short message, and it can do everything you want.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
MSDowney

Post by MSDowney »

Woodstock wrote:Preferences->General, make sure that "Expert mode" is checked. New options will appear on your screen.

When you open a disk, you can now edit what is present for the disk name. This affects the title names displayed. You will also be able to edit the individual title names, which will affect the file name.

And, if you look at the "Name" label "button", it is a "pull-down", where you can edit OTHER information about the title, including the file name.

Play around - there's more to it than I can explain in a short message, and it can do everything you want.
Is this only in the Registered (purchased) version? I am looking in the advanced window and all it has is

Default Profile
Default Selection Rule
dtsdecoderdll.dll locaton

There are not other options
Lovely Rita

Post by Lovely Rita »

You're looking up the wrong tree. :D
Woodstock wrote:Preferences->General, make sure that "Expert Mode" is checked.
Your Preference window may look different since I'm on a Mac. 8)

Registered User :wink:
Buy MakeMKV
indyjoe1977

Post by indyjoe1977 »

This was helpful for me, too! Thanks! :mrgreen:
elbandito1200

Post by elbandito1200 »

Gotta "hijack" this thread somehow concerning getting rid of this "_t00"-addition to the ripped filenames.

Often Makemkv ripped the files naming them "title0x" with x variing according to the track being ripped. I found, that you can change that to the name you want if you click the corresponding title in the list and then enter the name in the "Settings"-field after "Name". BUT: Makemkv still adds "_t0x" (x being the tracknumber obviously) to that name. How can I remove that?

Thx for any help!

Greetz

Elbandito1200

Edit: Never mind, I found it in the dropdown menu: filename - change the name there and it's getting ripped as you want it.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

That was kind of why I put together the "Changing names with Expert mode enabled" topic in the General section. There are a lot of things hidden until you turn on Expert mode. And Expert mode itself is rather buried. :roll:
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging