Current version of MakeMKV is to old but download same

Everything related to MakeMKV
ramundo

Current version of MakeMKV is to old but download same

Post by ramundo »

I started up MakeMKV and received the 'software to old' message. I uninstalled that version, downloaded and installed the latest version. I still receive that message. In the forums I found:
The current beta key is
Code:
T-CDPEBnWdamx7Qt2sdl60vp0xsRQsH3HBJ6RifOAvJedhinALlaoCJu30fAMQ4iWsx0
and is valid until end of September 2017. Please check back for updated key on this page. That is working for now.
Setup_MakeMKV_v1.10.6.exe is what I downloaded on windows 10 that gives me the same error.
How Much is the purchas version and is it for a year or lifetime? Also What am I doing wrong?
TheTerrorBeyond

Re: Current version of MakeMKV is to old but download same

Post by TheTerrorBeyond »

I think I paid $50 for it, and the license is perpetual. It is absolutely worth supporting!
Media Server: i7-6800k (6-core processor), 32GB RAM, MSI Carbon Pro board, SAS RAID, liquid cooling, NVIDIA 1080SC, (6) 10TB Barracuda Pro, (4)8TB Barracuda Pro, (1) 6TB Barracuda, (1) 4TB Barracuda, (1) Toshiba 512GB SSD, (1) Intel 256GB Intel M.2 SSD.
frozenfoxx

Post by frozenfoxx »

I completely agree but currently unable to purchase. When you click the buy link (https://secure.avangate.com/order/check ... 2140&QTY=1 you get a 404.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

There seems to be some intermittent access issues on Avangate's site - You're the only person to report it "unavailable", but it does seem to be available as I type this. Is this a different error than you reported before?

Avangate is located in The Netherlands, so it probably isn't an issue with internet boycotts. :)
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
oldieman

Post by oldieman »

ramundo wrote:I started up MakeMKV and received the 'software to old' message. I uninstalled that version, downloaded and installed the latest version. I still receive that message. In the forums I found:
The current beta key is
Code:
T-CDPEBnWdamx7Qt2sdl60vp0xsRQsH3HBJ6RifOAvJedhinALlaoCJu30fAMQ4iWsx0
and is valid until end of September 2017. Please check back for updated key on this page. That is working for now.
Setup_MakeMKV_v1.10.6.exe is what I downloaded on windows 10 that gives me the same error.
How Much is the purchas version and is it for a year or lifetime? Also What am I doing wrong?
I have the same problem - download and actual version are the same and expired.

And then I the register button on startup and entered the beta key (see above) and it worked.
mohahn

Post by mohahn »

To prevent opening a new topic, I can confirm that there seems to be a problem at the moment.

I've setup a brand new Linux (Ubuntu) last days and have compiled v1.10.6. As I understand the software should run for 30 days without registration, but also with a purchased registration key or with actual beta key. But that does not work for me. For debugging I've installed v1.10.6 on my Windows 10 and after the popup occured I've entered beta key then all was fine on Windows.

On the Linux system I'm using makemkvcon on shell only, so I've created a file ~/.MakeMKV/settings.conf with content

Code: Select all

app_PreferredLanguage='ger'
app_Key='T-CDPEBnWdamx7Qt2sdl60vp0xsRQsH3HBJ6RifOAvJedhinALlaoCJu30fAMQ4iWsx0'
app_UpdateEnable='0'
but I get "software is too old", only. What might be the problem?

EDIT
strace shows, that settings.conf is accessed

Code: Select all

3386  open("/root/.MakeMKV/settings.conf", O_RDONLY) = 3
3386  brk(0x1d1e000)                    = 0x1d1e000
3386  fstat(3, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=128, ...}) = 0
3386  read(3, "app_PreferredLanguage='ger'\napp_"..., 4096) = 128
So, what is the problem with latest beta key?

EDIT 2
Got it :-| I have to use double quotes " instead of single quotes '
The Griff

Post by The Griff »

Newbie here. Thank you for the info. Fixin' to start rippin' my collection.
Just downloaded over the weekend and needed the registration number. The site was down the other day. Figured no worries and back up now.
Want to try this with Handbreak before going to a paid ripper. If it works out, might have to purchase to support the developers.

Thank you again.

Tony
Home server is Synology DS1513+ running 5 each WD40EFRX 4 TB drives for 14.4 TB usable storage.
dorgan

Post by dorgan »

THANK YOU!!!!
dorgan

Post by dorgan »

The Griff wrote: Want to try this with Handbreak before going to a paid ripper. If it works out, might have to purchase to support the developers.
Definitely worth Buying and then once you have the MKV take a look at https://github.com/donmelton/video_transcoding been using this in combination with makemkv and it works great. I even created a script to just runa simple command to make the MKV, then transcode and then copy it into my plex library.