jbelkin800

SEPT code No Longer Working

Post by jbelkin800 »

9:28 PM PST - says code is outdated - does not accept SEPT code - mac
Iamtheone23

Re: SEPT code No Longer Working

Post by Iamtheone23 »

Same here.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling but still not working.
Lovely Rita

Post by Lovely Rita »

Try this..... :wink:

/buy/
Registered User :wink:
Buy MakeMKV
CoolCat

Post by CoolCat »

Lovely Rita wrote:Try this..... :wink:

/buy/
Is there a discount code available?
YohanDeEmercer

Post by YohanDeEmercer »

CoolCat wrote:
Lovely Rita wrote:Try this..... :wink:

/buy/
Is there a discount code available?
I second that discount code request.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

And why would you assume there be a discount code available, for something that is already reasonably priced?

Or, isn't "lifetime license" vs. "annual license" a good enough "discount"?

If it is too expensive, you COULD always do the "set system date back to before the expiration long enough to start the program" dance instead, until Mike updates the key.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
SnowBrigade

Post by SnowBrigade »

Finally bought my copy. It was about time. Too good a product to not support the dev.
CoolCat

Post by CoolCat »

Woodstock wrote:And why would you assume there be a discount code available, for something that is already reasonably priced?

Or, isn't "lifetime license" vs. "annual license" a good enough "discount"?

If it is too expensive, you COULD always do the "set system date back to before the expiration long enough to start the program" dance instead, until Mike updates the key.
I was just asking because on the checkout page there is a box to enter a discount code. If there is a discount code available then I wouldn't be a good steward of my finances if I didn't at least make an attempt to seek it out.
yorgo

Post by yorgo »

SnowBrigade wrote:Finally bought my copy. It was about time. Too good a product to not support the dev.
From one owner to another, thank you, and completely agree with your reasoning.
arcanasoft

Post by arcanasoft »

What is now with the license key, is there an update?

And what is this hidden piss of people who bought the software? Either is MakeMKV free as long as it is in the beta and leaves the people the decision, or it is just no longer free as long as it is in the beta or it is just not in the beta?

I can live well with every announcement, but should have an announcement. So I know if I have to buy it now or not.
yorgo

Post by yorgo »

MakeMKV is officially still in beta but that does not mean one cannot buy a license to help support the product.

As to the "hidden piss of people who bought the software", those of us who have paid do not have an issue with the 2-month expiration, in fact I'm using it right this moment no problem. I can't speak for others but what frustrates me is that 1. many do not read the forums thoroughly enough to see that there's usually a lagtime between when the old key expires and the new one becomes available. Sometimes it takes hours, sometimes weeks. That's why I always recommend buying, no more lagtime. 2. I'm not a fan of a vocal minority who complain the key has expired and the new one isn't up instantaneously. Folks, it's free. You can choose to buy and not have downtime or you can use for free and wait patiently for the new key. It's a waste of forum space to discuss this everytime the beta key expires (and yes, I know, I'm just as guilty of continuing this foolishness...I'll do my best to stop...)
arcanasoft

Post by arcanasoft »

My opinion, only I do not understand what this latency is, if it is free should be updated with the update of the version also the key. It comes so far as if you want to make the people through opaque waiting times to buy the software but it is not really free decision. Why do not you write then so a Nebensatz to the post with the key, which is updated when the mood is correct.
yorgo

Post by yorgo »

I do not work for MakeMKV or it's owner, Mike, nor do I represent him. In fact, I know nothing of him beyond this software he's developed. I do not know if he has another job, if he has a family or a personal life, if this is just a hobby, if he's taking care of a sick pet or relative, etc. I do know that he updates on his schedule, gets to it when he does. If you cannot wait, there exists a solution; http://makemkv.com/buy/. Otherwise, let him get to it when he does, remember, you are using the fruits of his labor FOR FREE. Enjoy, but don't gripe.

Are we done with this?
arcanasoft

Post by arcanasoft »

This is not an accusation against Mike or whoever works at MakeMKV.

Quite the opposite, this is the only software on Windows you can use, in my opinion.

What disturbs me is this way how you get from some people here in the forum, the answer gets rubbed under the nose: If the key has expired, how would it be with buy.

But ...
yorgo wrote:
1. many do not read the forums thoroughly enough to see that there's usually a lagtime between when the old key expires and the new one becomes available. ...
2. I'm not a fan of a vocal minority who complain the key has expired and the new one isn't up instantaneously. ...
... we can agree on that.

But to the question of whether we are done? No idea the subject is not mine.

FYI: I have a time set with how much delay I can live, after that. I have to buy, if like it or not, but Time is Money.
arcanasoft

Post by arcanasoft »

Love 4 Mike - he updated the Code!!