Feature Request "Uncheck All"

Everything related to MakeMKV
bigtoe

Feature Request "Uncheck All"

Post by bigtoe »

I think it would be nice to have a feature that would uncheck all the checked items automatically. Since everything is automatically checked by default, it gets a little tiresome to have to go in and uncheck every subtitle, foreign language, etc.
setarip_old

Re: Feature Request "Uncheck All"

Post by setarip_old »

Hi!

This feature already exists. Just rightclick on any "Title" and see the choices ;>}
bigtoe

Post by bigtoe »

Ahh nice. Thank you!
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

Ahh nice. Thank you!
My pleasure ;>}
Tester

Post by Tester »

And if I want "Check All" default?
With ALL items - ALL audio (for example, DD2/0 & DD5/1 for one language automatically).

Now I only can check on each of this (not selected) manually
Attachments
Default Screenshot
Default Screenshot
Example.jpg (9.39 KiB) Viewed 40725 times
MilesAhead

Post by MilesAhead »

setarip_old wrote:Hi!

This feature already exists. Just rightclick on any "Title" and see the choices ;>}
I'd still like to see it be recursive and uncheck every option with one click. I haven't figured out how to do that. Seems like I still have to uncheck a ton of subtitles and audio files. Sometimes if I highlight the top selction of a category and do uncheck all, it unchecks stuff beneath it, sometimes it doesn't. I haven't quite figured out exactly what's supposed to happen. I realize since it's cross platform it may be a limitation of the windowing library or whatever. But if it's something that can be done I'd sure appreciate it. Sometimes with episodic discs you go down through each title and it's easy to make one mistake, then you have to go back and rip again.

If there was a button to just uncheck everything everywhere it would be great.
Claudio

Post by Claudio »

I too have to uncheck all of the subtitles individually. Most be a bug.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

It unchecks all items on the same layer. If you right-click on any title, it will uncheck all titles. If you right-click on any track it will uncheck all tracks.
Tester

Post by Tester »

About "same layer" - OK.

But, if ALL items checks on default (when DVD is opened in MakeMKV) that's will be very good!
And now - not all items check automatically (see my screenshot) on a load DVD :(

P.S. Sorry for my bad english and thank you for very cool soft!
davidgreem

Post by davidgreem »

Yes I also agree to that in some case we definately require the check and uncheck facility.It will make the work quicker and easier.Otherwise it proved to be time consuming to get in to every topic and than checked one by one.
BMan12

Post by BMan12 »

Everything should either be unchecked by default or it should be an option. There are always more languages and subtitles that I can't understand than I can and it never benefits me to have everything pre-checked.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

BMan12 wrote:Everything should either be unchecked by default or it should be an option. There are always more languages and subtitles that I can't understand than I can and it never benefits me to have everything pre-checked.
You can set a "preferred language" in preferences.
sweetwatermac

Post by sweetwatermac »

Funny, I was going to post the auto select or de-select as a requested upgrade and bingo there is the answer. Mike, I don't see where I can set a default language in preferences. I've looked under the wrench icon as well as in preferences under MakeMKV.
sfenwick

Post by sfenwick »

I'd be very happy with a feature that automatically selects all audio tracks in my preferred language, and no subtitles. Right now I get (with English as the preferred language) some of the English audio tracks (usually the best non-DTS track, I think) and the English subtitles.
MilesAhead

Post by MilesAhead »

mike admin wrote:
BMan12 wrote:Everything should either be unchecked by default or it should be an option. There are always more languages and subtitles that I can't understand than I can and it never benefits me to have everything pre-checked.
You can set a "preferred language" in preferences.
Thing is if you watch a lot of foreign films, the "prefered language" is not going to apply. Since you will want the original audio with your native subtitle, instead of your spoken language you would select on domestic films.

I think it would just be easier in the long run to uncheck all the boxes and let us select manually. Even on worst case scenario if you have an episodic disc, like a TV series disc, there's maybe 5 titles tops. Most of the time you are going to select main movie. If everything was unchecked then all I'd have to check is title, one audio, then the subtitle, and maybe the forced only. 4 clicks.