AACS 2.0 is cracked?

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
watchy

Re: AACS 2.0 is cracked?

Post by watchy »

blofeldscat wrote:
watchy wrote:
I've been using MakeMKV for years and haven't bought it yet. I'll buy it as soon as the decrypted UHD are supported. Great program man, love it. Thanks for all the time and work you have put in for an awesome utility.
Wow! You expect a hell of a lot for nothing.

That's so magnaminous of you to say you'll actually buy a programme that you have been 'using for years' once a particular feature is provided. Yeah, right! Sure you will.

It's bad enough that you are a (self-acknowledged) leech but to use a 'carrot and stick' scenario to 'give incentive' to the developer of MakeMKV to 'hurry-up' with the implementation of a feature that you want (i.e. "I won't be giving you any money unless you do x)" merely paints you as an ingrate.

Perhaps if you demonstrated to the developer the kind of 'support' that you feel is due you by him, via paying for the software you've 'been using (free) for years', then you - and those of your ilk - might find that the developer would then have the incentive to research and implement new features at a faster rate.

Saying, 'thanks for all the time and work you have put in for an awesome utility', when you aren't prepared to pay a single cent toward its development and have no qualms about making subtle threats, merely renders the sentiment as a cynical, hollow platitude.

Given your 100% reluctance to purchase a MakeMKV licence, I seriously doubt that the DVD/BD discs that you have been backing-up with MakeMKV are actually your own 'purchased' discs.

Buy the software 'Watchy'; how much money has it saved you in the years you've been using it for 'free'?

I'm not trying to convince him to release anything. Its only $50, or whatever it cost. I highly doubt thats going to be motivation for anything. I also don't need MakeMKV as I use mkvtoolnix to remux UHD atm which works better than MakeMKV as MakeMKV doesn't even work on UHD. He also said the next release would have UHD support for unencrypted disc which is all i'm interested in.

I buy my fair share of software and movies. I prefer to keep everything digital and convert everything from disc to mkv/iso. Thats why I have 300TB at home. I also own a copy of DeUHD.
spl147

Post by spl147 »

mike admin wrote:Few points on the subject:
- Next version of MakeMKV will have support for (decrypted) UHD discs, both for h.265 and bd-java (you will get title names on la la land for example). Its already done, just waiting for the next release.
- AACS 2.0 is not yet cracked "generically" as far as I know. There was always a way to extract a per-disc volume key from a player. To date about dozen such keys are extracted but not released publicly.
- DEUHD is a client app that downloads such known key from a server for $200
- MakeMKV can accept these keys (even as of now), should they become public knowledge.
Very Excited to Process my Decrypted UHD Disks!

is there a ETA on the Next Release Mike?
VAMET

Post by VAMET »

Dear mike admin
spl147 wrote:
- Next version of MakeMKV will have support for (decrypted) UHD discs, both for h.265 and bd-java (you will get title names on la la land for example). Its already done, just waiting for the next release.
- AACS 2.0 is not yet cracked "generically" as far as I know. There was always a way to extract a per-disc volume key from a player. To date about dozen such keys are extracted but not released publicly.
- MakeMKV can accept these keys (even as of now), should they become public knowledge.
Very Excited to Process my Decrypted UHD Disks!

is there a ETA on the Next Release Mike?
Yes, I also would like to know, do you have release date?

Sincerely
TheShoe

Post by TheShoe »

been scraping by with mkvtoolsnix for my 4K UHD rips. it works, but prefer MakeMKV

DeUHD is cool - though many supported titles "don't work" because there are many regional releases of the same title and clearly different encryption is applied. so far I've ripped 12 of 15 supported discs that I have.

-
indyjoe1977

Post by indyjoe1977 »

TheShoe...am I understanding that you're using mkvtoolsnix for actually ripping an UHD disc? If so, how, may I ask?
dom61

Post by dom61 »

Great news.
I expect a lot of adherence to the purchase :D
Zidoo Z9X | HiMedia Q5 Pro and Q10 Pro | ZDMC 20.1 | Remote WeChip | Splitter HDMI HDFury AVR-KEY | Display LG 65B6V | Audio processor Yamaha RX-V775 | Rotel RMB-1075 | Storage Qnap Ts-431K +TL-D800C
My PC Ryzen 7950X
TheShoe

Post by TheShoe »

indyjoe1977 wrote:TheShoe...am I understanding that you're using mkvtoolsnix for actually ripping an UHD disc? If so, how, may I ask?
no. i rip to folder using DeUHD.

once decrypted, I can load all the playlists into mkvtoolsnix (it'll actually load them for you, and select the main title. it will let you select all the tracks you want and then you mux into mkv.
dom61

Post by dom61 »

Good morning
I could also check with MKVToolNix GUI you can create mkv files from Blu-ray 4k UHD already decrypted on HDD.
Just drag the index.bdmv file in the source file section.
Zidoo Z9X | HiMedia Q5 Pro and Q10 Pro | ZDMC 20.1 | Remote WeChip | Splitter HDMI HDFury AVR-KEY | Display LG 65B6V | Audio processor Yamaha RX-V775 | Rotel RMB-1075 | Storage Qnap Ts-431K +TL-D800C
My PC Ryzen 7950X
indyjoe1977

Post by indyjoe1977 »

TheShoe wrote:
indyjoe1977 wrote:TheShoe...am I understanding that you're using mkvtoolsnix for actually ripping an UHD disc? If so, how, may I ask?
no. i rip to folder using DeUHD.

once decrypted, I can load all the playlists into mkvtoolsnix (it'll actually load them for you, and select the main title. it will let you select all the tracks you want and then you mux into mkv.
Got it. So, you did purchase DeUHD? I have a BD drive that isn't supported or friendly, but it seems to pick up on it OK, just a non supported disc. That's a LG drive that is a generation before one of the friendly ones. The Pioneer drive I have isn't even supported.
Krawk

Post by Krawk »

One of the other well known programs just announced a UHD Ripper and Copier but they are very careful to indicate it will copy or rip "unprotected" discs. But yet when you click on the product and see the screenshots, the same disc they are ripping is Smurfs 2. Makes you wonder if it rips UHD discs in general but they're afraid to say they've cracked AACS 2.0 because Hollywood would come down on them hard!
TheShoe

Post by TheShoe »

new version of DEUHD. significantly faster. more titles supported, but as always - be wary as title support isn't guaranteed. seems encryption(?) varies depending on distributor and/or other factors.
Mat1926

Post by Mat1926 »

Krawk wrote:Makes you wonder if it rips UHD discs in general but they're afraid to say they've cracked AACS 2.0 because Hollywood would come down on them hard!
No it does not support retail discs at all. It does not decrypt anything...Stay clear from them until they fully support decryption of UHD discs...
If you can afford it, just pay for this product...It is really worth it.
Mat1926

Post by Mat1926 »

TheShoe wrote:new version of DEUHD. significantly faster. more titles supported, but as always - be wary as title support isn't guaranteed. seems encryption(?) varies depending on distributor and/or other factors.
Sadly the only title I have is not supported. I am willing to pay the full license for that particular title...
If you can afford it, just pay for this product...It is really worth it.
indyjoe1977

Post by indyjoe1977 »

Krawk wrote:One of the other well known programs just announced a UHD Ripper and Copier but they are very careful to indicate it will copy or rip "unprotected" discs. But yet when you click on the product and see the screenshots, the same disc they are ripping is Smurfs 2. Makes you wonder if it rips UHD discs in general but they're afraid to say they've cracked AACS 2.0 because Hollywood would come down on them hard!
Nope. I tried the trial version just to make sure, and it will not decrypt the disc. Tried "Hidden Figures."
dom61

Post by dom61 »

Krawk wrote:One of the other well known programs just announced a UHD Ripper and Copier but they are very careful to indicate it will copy or rip "unprotected" discs. But yet when you click on the product and see the screenshots, the same disc they are ripping is Smurfs 2. Makes you wonder if it rips UHD discs in general but they're afraid to say they've cracked AACS 2.0 because Hollywood would come down on them hard!
Are you perhaps referring to DVDFab UHD Ripper?
My PC Ryzen 7950X