Volume Key Help

Everything related to MakeMKV
jmcguire525

Volume Key Help

Post by jmcguire525 »

I picked up a copy of the original Independence Day UHD, the key for the BD is listed and I have an Asus BD-16D1HT drive. I created a KEYDB.txt file and copied the volume key info into it then renamed it to .cfg, then restarted MakeMKV... but it keeps telling me the volume key is unknown and fails to read the disk.

I've tried multiple time, used a KEYDB.cfg file linked on doom9 and added the disk key to the directory myself, double checked the preferences in MakeMKV to be sure the file was in the correct directory but I haven't had any luck. My drive is on a somewhat recent firmware (3.0.1 2117-3-31) I didn't update the FW that is what it came with and now that isn't a typo, 2117 is what MakeMKV displays for the date. Even with the newer firmware, the error I'm getting seem like like the Volume Key is the only things missing and my only guess is that I've missed a small step somewhere, if anyone can help I'd appreciate it!

This is what I have in the .cfg file, tried by itself and within a larger directory of titles... 0x54C0EBDF4CA7EEA7BA68658E0172BADFB88A5240 = INDEPENDENCE_DAY | V | 0x9A579A16B7C65B174E22B5406E8BF7A9 ; AACS 2.0 MKB v60
preserve

Re: Volume Key Help

Post by preserve »

Best to post UHD issues in the UHD forum: http://makemkv.com/forum2/viewforum.php?f=12

Also, please note that Mike has requested not to post keys on this forum.

There are multiple versions of UHD discs (country, retailer, rental, etc) and a unique key for each version. The known key so far may not be a match for the disc you have.

MakeMKV should have produced an AACS dump and this would be noted in the log when you tried to open the disc - please submit that dump to svq@makemkv.com
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
jmcguire525

Re: Volume Key Help

Post by jmcguire525 »

preserve wrote:Best to post UHD issues in the UHD forum: http://makemkv.com/forum2/viewforum.php?f=12

Also I believe (can't find the exact post at the moment) Mike requests do not post keys on this forum.

There are multiple versions of UHD discs (country, retailer, rental, etc) and a unique key for each version. The known key so far may not be a match for the disc you have.

MakeMKV should have produced an AACS dump and this would be noted in the log when you tried to open the disc - please submit that dump to svq@makemkv.com

I checked the barcode number against the key on file and they match, I'll submit the dump. Hopefully its just a small error on my part and not an issue with the firmware on the new drive I purchased.