UHD support

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
Woodstock

Re: UHD support

Post by Woodstock »

ghost rider wrote:So my next question is can I make a "movie only" BD25 backup my guess is yes? When it gets done ripping I'll probably figure that out.
Not without other tools. Even the "backup" can't be burned directly to a blank BD. It's the file structure, but much of what a BD player would want to see would be inserted by BD authoring software.

And MakeMKV does not "shrink" video; visit handbrake.fr for something to do that.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

skiddy wrote:Does 1.10.9 fix the UHD disc locking issue? The release notes are a little vauge.
Yes.
preserve

Post by preserve »

Can you tell us any more details about hashed keys? I guess it's great for MakeMKV, but less helpful for the larger community if it's exclusive to MakeMKV.

The important thing to know is if these are the result of dump submits... because if they are, it would encourage people to download MakeMKV, get out their discs and submit dumps.

"PAN" and "SAN_ANDREAS" are very long, unlike all the others - is that correct, or a mistake?
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

The leaked keys do not come from MakeMKV. They come from the community. Currently no one outside of the person leaking the keys and the makers of DeUHD know how to handle AACS 2.0 key decryption.
preserve

Post by preserve »

SamuriHL wrote:The leaked keys do not come from MakeMKV. They come from the community. Currently no one outside of the person leaking the keys and the makers of DeUHD know how to handle AACS 2.0 key decryption.
Maybe read the Hashed Keys thread again and take a closer look at the list.

Almost all the discs I submitted dumps for are in this list of hashed keys, and the keys for those discs have NOT been released by the community.

So submit your dumps, people :D
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
Balthazar2k4

Post by Balthazar2k4 »

SamuriHL wrote:The leaked keys do not come from MakeMKV. They come from the community. Currently no one outside of the person leaking the keys and the makers of DeUHD know how to handle AACS 2.0 key decryption.
Wrong. I provided over 200 titles to Mike and he has created hashed keys for all of them. These were absolutely created by Mike.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Yes I see that now. I retract my previous incorrect statement. This is very exciting news for sure! I have a UHD that I guarantee NO ONE has submitted so I'll do so in a little bit.
mmmkv

Post by mmmkv »

Balthazar2k4 wrote:Wrong. I provided over 200 titles to Mike and he has created hashed keys for all of them. These were absolutely created by Mike.
I was holding off buying certain cheaper releases since I needed some specific versions previously to decrypt but this news means I probably can purchase the one I originally was wanting. This really is fantastic news.

And thanks so much for your contributions! You've gone above and beyond the average user in keeping the community updated and now even helping in your own way with this new method.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

I submitted 3 new discs. We all need to band together and submit what we can to improve it for everyone. Again, fantastic news!
Microburn

Post by Microburn »

SamuriHL wrote:I submitted 3 new discs. We all need to band together and submit what we can to improve it for everyone. Again, fantastic news!
I agree so far I have not run across one yet but I will do the same and I hope everyone else does too, and your right this is fantastic news I just bought a license to help support the cause. :D
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

I just got done ripping my first MKV and am on my second one now. I have one more after that I want to do. The 3 I submitted I'm not too worried about but if they get supported that's excellent. I will start buying more UHD's going forward as I intend to upgrade to 4K later this year.
ccutrer

Post by ccutrer »

I just sent in 8 unsupported discs. Way to go mike!
Trickyd-1

Post by Trickyd-1 »

I submitted 30 titles and a couple aren't on the list, at least not for my UPK anyway. I will submit these again.
Thanks Mike.
KayakNate

Post by KayakNate »

With the integrity checking and such that this new method has over the VUKs, should I go back and re-rip the movies I've already ripped with MakeMKV using VUKs?

Thanks Mike! Able to rip all my movies minus 3. Sending those your way!
Balthazar2k4

Post by Balthazar2k4 »

KayakNate wrote:With the integrity checking and such that this new method has over the VUKs, should I go back and re-rip the movies I've already ripped with MakeMKV using VUKs?

Thanks Mike! Able to rip all my movies minus 3. Sending those your way!
There should be no difference in the output of the VUK vs hashed key.