Asus BW-16D1HT Firmware

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
mmmkv

Re: Asus BW-16D1HT Firmware

Post by mmmkv »

Has anyone been keeping track of the approximate ripping speeds of each firmware version?

I'm on v3.00 and the last disc I ripped saw speeds within MakeMKV of 22-29MB/s (mostly on the higher end), which for me was fine. If I were testing different firmware versions I'd probably want to rip the same disc for more accurate comparison.
Last edited by mmmkv on Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spl147

Post by spl147 »

i am trying to rip my Lucy UHD disc US Retail, my drive will not read it, this is my second copy of the disc brand new, and it will not read. anyone else have trouble with this disc?

BW-16D1HT
V. 3.02
preserve

Post by preserve »

spl147 wrote:i am trying to rip my Lucy UHD disc US Retail, my drive will not read it, this is my second copy of the disc brand new, and it will not read. anyone else have trouble with this disc?
What do you mean by "will not read it"? This description is too vague, since it could mean any number of problems. Impossible to diagnose your problem without more specific details, such as the console readout / debug log. Medium errors? (Possibly a bad disc, maybe it's a bad batch since you're on your second copy.) Volume key unknown and produces a dump? (Send the dump to svq@makemkv.com.) Etc.
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
spl147

Post by spl147 »

preserve wrote:
spl147 wrote:i am trying to rip my Lucy UHD disc US Retail, my drive will not read it, this is my second copy of the disc brand new, and it will not read. anyone else have trouble with this disc?
What do you mean by "will not read it"? This description is too vague, since it could mean any number of problems. Impossible to diagnose your problem without more specific details, such as the console readout / debug log.
the disc does not load at all not even to the OS, disc spins up, then drive make a weird noise then spins up, etc. disc never mounts
preserve

Post by preserve »

If the disc doesn't even load to the OS, that sounds like a problem with the drive or with the disc. Do you have any other UHDs you can try? Or even a Blu-ray to see if the drive at least reads Blu-rays?
spl147

Post by spl147 »

preserve wrote:If the disc doesn't even load to the OS, that sounds like a problem with the drive or with the disc. Do you have any other UHDs you can try? Or even a Blu-ray to see if the drive at least reads Blu-rays?
Yes, blu-ray and other UHD load fine, thats why i was asking if this perticular disc was a issue for anyone with this drive
preserve

Post by preserve »

Could be a defective disc then. For best results of feedback from others who have this movie, make a new thread titled with the movie name "Lucy" just as in the Blu-ray subforum. Otherwise your post will get lost in this thread, it's also more likely to get noticed by others who have this movie, and could also be helpful to others with this disc in the future.
skiddy

Post by skiddy »

The Asus seems to struggle with 3 layer discs (in my experience).
preserve

Post by preserve »

skiddy wrote:The Asus seems to struggle with 3 layer discs (in my experience).
Could be. I have the ASUS and a few 3-layers - it's been smooth sailing for me. I have 3.00 firmware.
MMORE

Post by MMORE »

I have pacific rim and leon two UHD 3 layers and no problem for me I am in 3.02.
spl147

Post by spl147 »

skiddy wrote:The Asus seems to struggle with 3 layer discs (in my experience).
Lucy is dual layer i believe
A.Fenderson

received new drive from Amazon US with 3.00 firmware

Post by A.Fenderson »

Purchased the BW-16D1HT new from Amazon.com in the U.S. on 1.16 and received 1.18. Firmware/revision 3.00.
I've used it to rip the UHD of BladeRunner 2049 (3-layer/100GB disc) with no problems, and a regular HD Blu-ray (both with makemkv 1.10.10), but I keep getting abort with read errors on Deux Ex UHD, though this plays all the way through on my player with no noticeable issue.
I will continue to test other of my UHD BDs to see if I get more read errors on other discs known to play without issue--hopefully I didn't get a bad drive.
My max rip speed is 2.0x or "8.9 M/s". It tops out at this and never gets higher.
Thanks to everyone who's contributed information about their drives.
jinx100

Re: received new drive from Amazon US with 3.00 firmware

Post by jinx100 »

A.Fenderson wrote: My max rip speed is 2.0x or "8.9 M/s". It tops out at this and never gets higher.
Thanks to everyone who's contributed information about their drives.
My LG drive maxed out at 1.6x inside my old computer. When added externally with a SATA to USB converter it now reads at 4-5x depending on the disc. The new drive did not work well with the SATA 150 in my decade old computer.
barrett70

Post by barrett70 »

Hi, does anyone have any information about the 3.03 just released?
UHD or not?
Thanks.
TeddyRaspin

Post by TeddyRaspin »

barrett70 wrote:Hi, does anyone have any information about the 3.03 just released?
UHD or not?
Thanks.
Could you provide us a valid link for testing the 3.03 firmware version ?

Edit:
I've found it on Asus website (support page) and I've flashed it and I have to say few words:

"Be Aware from 3.03". It fixed the AACS loophole making your drive unable to read UHD discs !!!!

Now I've to use DosFlash and reflash the old firmware, with the hope it will read UHDs again.