UHD support

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
DavVador

Re: UHD support

Post by DavVador »

preserve wrote:My Canadian Dark Knight Trilogy discs worked without any problems with the ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00.

Some folks on Blu-ray.com did report having issues in their regular UHD players while playing these discs, and having to return them for replacement.
Thanks for the feedback, i'll probably ask for a replacement then.
tyeeman

Post by tyeeman »

Thanks for the info about the keys. I noticed yesterday a lot of the key values had the last half of their key different than the first half in the previous listing. Strange I thought, but you have explained it.

Speaking of installing the new version, or any version, why does the installer delete my Data directory. If I didn't back it up I'd lose all my keys and have to download them again, and I have to delete the current version or the new version will not install. Please explain!
preserve

Post by preserve »

Strange. I haven't had any of my files in the data directory be deleted when upgrading. Make sure your data directory is not the MakeMKV program directory?

I think the default non-program data directory is C:\Users\*your-username*\.MakeMKV

Or for older versions of Windows, C:\Documents and Settings\*your-username*\.MakeMKV
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
tyeeman

Post by tyeeman »

Well yes, it was the program directory so I will change it. Thanks.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Yes, the entire program directory is wiped with each update, which is why the data directory should be "somewhere else".

MakeMKV will use the data directory to store SVQ files that are downloaded, as well as any dump files it generates. It will search the data directory for any XML profiles, too, so any custom ones should be stored there.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
tyeeman

Post by tyeeman »

So currently is it true we only need the latest key file and nothing else in the data directory. Can I remove KEYDB.cfg now?
preserve

Post by preserve »

Yes, if you wish you can remove keydb.cfg. As Mike mentions in the Hashed Keys sticky, he has incorporated all keys from doom9 into his file, so you're not missing anything by removing it.
nicholfd

Post by nicholfd »

TeddyRaspin wrote:Yes, it seems down.

You can download if from this alternative link :
That download site does not seem to be too reputable. On macOS/Safari, it takes you to an "Update your Player download" that is no where close to anything that looks good. Looks to be malware...

Downloader beware!
TeddyRaspin

Post by TeddyRaspin »

I only wanted to help people. :(
mmmkv

Post by mmmkv »

Can't find the original post that was quoted above so not sure which file host was used for the mirror, but I can say a decent file host I often use is Mixtape.moe since they offer direct download links. The only thing to keep in mind is they randomize the filenames of uploaded files, so it would either have to be renamed after download or zipped prior to upload.
nicopelle

Post by nicopelle »

Hi,
i wanna thanks Mike and his crew for JASON BOURNE ITA UHD - AACS 2.0 MKB v61.
I've sent the dump, via email, only two days ago.
Today i've decrypted the disk, and my .mkv is ready to be played
madfloyd

Post by madfloyd »

nicopelle wrote:Hi,
i wanna thanks Mike and his crew for JASON BOURNE ITA UHD - AACS 2.0 MKB v61.
I've sent the dump, via email, only two days ago.
Today i've decrypted the disk, and my .mkv is ready to be played
Nice! I was wondering how long it would take after sending in dumps.
preserve

Post by preserve »

With the latest hashed keys file, MakeMKV now supports 646 discs!
DavVador

Post by DavVador »

Yeah, many thanks to MakeMkv team !
Almost 20 UHD discs ripped successfuly, 2 defective ones (i wouldnt have noticed without your tool !) and only one missing in the keys for the moment (Xmen first class).
Great job, especially when compared to DeUHD and its crazy price :lol:
Now i can buy more UHD discs... the people who made those stupid restrictions for UHD discs with PC were completely stupid, they could have ruin this market !
nicopelle

Post by nicopelle »

DavVador wrote:Yeah, many thanks to MakeMkv team !
Almost 20 UHD discs ripped successfuly, 2 defective ones (i wouldnt have noticed without your tool !) and only one missing in the keys for the moment (Xmen first class).
Great job, especially when compared to DeUHD and its crazy price :lol:
Now i can buy more UHD discs... the people who made those stupid restrictions for UHD discs with PC were completely stupid, they could have ruin this market !
DeUHD sucks !!! :lol:
I've sent them the same dumps, on their requests.
Nothing happened yet
Mike&his team RULEZ! 8) 8) 8) 8)