version 1.12.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
smartieyoung

version 1.12.

Post by smartieyoung »

I was just wondering if anyone has had problems with running make mkv tonight? I have the latest version of make mkv downloaded and the latest key is installed.It keeps giving me disc can not be decrypted because volume key is unknown.The disc is Jigsaw 4k and I'm assuming that i have made an error somewhere because I made an encrypted backup of it to open when new keys become available and today the backup wont open even with the key for jigsaw.Sent the latest key file to mike.For now i will just wait.
djb190

Re: version 1.12.

Post by djb190 »

I had a problem decrypting my UHD discs too with MakeMKV 1.12 even though I have the latest keys_hashed text file in the MakeMKV program directory. I'm running Windows 8.1. It turns out I had to place the text file in C:\Users\YourUsername\.MakeMKV and then everything worked correctly. I hope this helps.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

The file should be in whatever directory is filled in on Preferences->General for the MakeMKV data directory.

In fact, ANY file associated with running MakeMKV that you've changed or downloaded should be in that directory, rather than the MakeMKV program directory, so that it doesn't get erased during updates.

It's where MakeMKV writes SVQ and dump files, so setting it is a good way to be able to find things when you need them. :)
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
smartieyoung

Post by smartieyoung »

I will try it again once I get home I'm out for a doctors apt but I can't wait to try it again thanks again for the positive feedback I really appreciate it :D
kingston12

Post by kingston12 »

djb190 wrote:I had a problem decrypting my UHD discs too with MakeMKV 1.12 even though I have the latest keys_hashed text file in the MakeMKV program directory. I'm running Windows 8.1. It turns out I had to place the text file in C:\Users\YourUsername\.MakeMKV and then everything worked correctly. I hope this helps.
Could you confirm that it is the full .txt file from the 'Hashed Keys' thread that goes in there, no need to edit or anything?
preserve

Post by preserve »

kingston12 wrote:Could you confirm that it is the full .txt file from the 'Hashed Keys' thread that goes in there, no need to edit or anything?
Yes, it is the full text file, just download it and put in the right directory, you don't have to edit it or anything.

The directory is specified in the preferences: View / Preferences / General tab / MakeMKV data directory.
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
kingston12

Post by kingston12 »

preserve wrote:Yes, it is the full text file, just download it and put in the right directory, you don't have to edit it or anything.

The directory is specified in the preferences: View / Preferences / General tab / MakeMKV data directory.
Thank you.
thepregnantgod

Post by thepregnantgod »

Same problem here. Uprgraded to v 1.12 - tried ripping UHD and no decryption despite having keys where they should be.

Uninstalled, reinstalled 1.10 - put keys in exact same place and it worked.

1.12 is stopping it somehow.
TeddyRaspin

Post by TeddyRaspin »

thepregnantgod wrote:Same problem here. Uprgraded to v 1.12 - tried ripping UHD and no decryption despite having keys where they should be.

Uninstalled, reinstalled 1.10 - put keys in exact same place and it worked.

1.12 is stopping it somehow.
You have to put hashed_keys.txt in the MakeMKV DATA DIRECTORY !!!!! (not the program dir). You can change it in the "Preferences" menu !!! :wink:
preserve

Post by preserve »

If you had the hashed keys file in the MakeMKV program directory, all files in that directory are deleted when you upgrade MakeMKV.

That's the reason for using the data directory and not the program directory.
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00