UHD support

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
Woodstock

Re: UHD support

Post by Woodstock »

If the rip completed successfully, the video is probably fine, but those stuttering areas are where the video bandwidth is too high for your player.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Deraga

Post by Deraga »

tvguy7 wrote:I don't think so. It was the only disc I put in. I did a reboot and it worked the second time around although there's a couple stutters early in the file. It was the Last Witch Hunter. It only does it a couple of times and then the rest of the movie is fine. The stutters repeat consistently in the same locations on additional play throughs. Maybe there's just a bad section on the disc.

It really seems like the UHD discs are touchy.
What are your system specs and which player are you using?
tvguy7

Post by tvguy7 »

Note: replies to this particular message should be made to the original topic: http://makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=17122

So I'm now up to five 4K UHD discs and I've really had mixed results and am somewhat discouraged. I'd love to know what's going on. I work in the IT field and usually can identify the issue but so far there's no smoking gun. Here's my complete system specs and results.

Bluray Drive: Asus BW-16D1HT firmware version 3.0
PC: HP Z820 with Dual 3.07 X5675 Processors with 6 Cores each for a total of 12
GPU: NVIDIA Quadro 5000
Hard Drive: LSI Mega raid 15,000 RPM drives. Raid 5 with 3 discs
Network Speed: 1Gb
TV: LG OLED 55B7A
Streaming: Universal Media Server directly to LG TV with WebOS 3.5

I started with Deadpool and it worked absolutely beautifully. No streaming problems. It streamed to my LG TV using Universal Media Server without one problem. I've tried it over and over and have no issues. Next was The Last Witch Hunter. When I first put the disc in I received this error in MakeMKV after about 30 seconds.

MakeMKV v1.12.0 win(x64-release) started
Error 'Scsi error - HARDWARE ERROR:TIMEOUT ON LOGICAL UNIT' occurred while reading 'BD-RE ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00' at offset '524288'

I did a reboot and tried the disc again and it seemed to rip fine. But there are about 6 quick stutter points before the opening Title Sequence that seem to be in the same spot on each successive playthrough. After that though it streams fine to the end.

Next up was The Great Wall. It ripped fine. Occasionally there is what looks like macro blocking on scene changes. They look like digital hits that seem like MakeMKV wasn't able to get all the information off the disc.

The last one I did was Transformers the Last Knight and again no issues. It plays fine.

Are 4K UHD discs just extremely touchy? Do the keys not work completely? Are the discs junk and the drive isn't able to read it correctly? I don't think it's a drive issue since I've had perfect success with some discs. I've even tried to rip discs a second time thinking that on a second go round I might get a different result but I get the same result. To me that points towards disc issues but I'm not really sure. I'm going to put this post in it's own topic to see if I can get more feedback on why my results are over the map. Any help would be appreciated.
KBJghost

Post by KBJghost »

It sounds like dirty discs. UHD discs can look perfectly clean and still be dirty enough to cause the drive to have read errors.
younguns

Post by younguns »

roblrobl wrote:Does anyone have tips on hdr10, dolby vision, atmos? I'm hopeful a backup would get everything and then it's up to another program to decipher.

I'm using plex for our home theater, with hdr10/dolby vision + dolby atmos for sound. Does anyone have tips on how to make this work properly? Before I'd used handbrake as an intermediary, but searching online implies that drops processing down to 8-bit 4:2:0 or something lower that would remove the quality.
You may want to try a software package called Hybrid. It's a bit daunting at first, but it will certainly be able to do the things that handbrake can't do yet. It has plenty of documentation to help out as well. Here's the link for it: http://www.selur.de
ImCoKeMaN

Post by ImCoKeMaN »

Just out of curiosity, would it be possible for MakeMKV to automatically download the latest hashed_keys if it has internet access, or is there some technicality I'm missing?
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

ImCoKeMaN wrote:Just out of curiosity, would it be possible for MakeMKV to automatically download the latest hashed_keys if it has internet access, or is there some technicality I'm missing?
Yes, this is a long-term plan
inkless

Post by inkless »

hi i have

w10 x64 i7

Informations lecteur
Nom du lecteur SE : F:
Fabricant : ASUS
Produit : BW-16D1HT
Révision : 1.01
Numéro de série : K9IE6BH0119
Date micrologiciel : 2113-02-05 19:30:
Marqueurs d'encryptage bus : 1F

KEYDB.CFG inside makemkv data directory inside makemkv folder

x!MHqi5k8wTRIRJFboTNpMsLifcsx78UqDUl!x3Y unknown
JQculBjm4GhojMyV0OCSOBASmubM+zHUkSfGozVS unknown
qd4V2NMkgKV1LQGGUGcRlwPfkdQ4jWHJs+VIciym unknown
+bm7KizoiGXbdX5p!64dqZx7tEKq2IXLV+p6xZKn 10 CLOVERFIELD LANE
qLlG07SJ8heU7RRHryQiLOQmC!iueT0Bz4RkNHTy 10 CLOVERFIELD LANE
Rrw8hnMZ0peGsZ4S7WgSr5!rZg9B2MGMyIhN21dw 310_TO_YUMA
ECT

but when i put disc its load and after no disc is detected

creed x men apo star trek beyond

Why ?

i put makemkv data directory

Thanks for your help
bluntandrolla

Post by bluntandrolla »

check the manufacture date of your asus because ASUS drive need to be manufactured 2015+
try to upgrade your asus firmware to 3.00 or 3.01 or 3.02 not more
http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic ... 16&t=16885

plus the file is not .cfg anymore but .txt check here:
https://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopi ... 12&t=16959
inkless

Post by inkless »

thank you

i check i m 2014

i will buy a new one and :(
chaosprime

Post by chaosprime »

I just want to say HOORAY!!!! got an asus bw-16d1ht with newer 3.02 firmware that didnt work.. took me awhile to get the instructions figured out to currect firmware but now have Guardians of the Galaxy Vol2 4K ripping !!!!!!!!
BISHOPP376

Post by BISHOPP376 »

Thanks to Teddy's firmware instructions and assistance I too have just made my first successful rip. However, although TLJ ripped first time I cannot play it through my 2015 LG OLED TV. It tried to transcode on plex with awful colours and delays, XPLAY says it's not a valid format and even connecting it up via USB to an external HDD won't work.

Beginning to think my TV is too old for the HDR formats and DV may be upsetting it. Anyone else had these issues? Unless I am missing something during the ripping process but I'm just using the same process I use for Blurays.
Sevenfeet

Post by Sevenfeet »

BISHOPP376 wrote:Thanks to Teddy's firmware instructions and assistance I too have just made my first successful rip. However, although TLJ ripped first time I cannot play it through my 2015 LG OLED TV. It tried to transcode on plex with awful colours and delays, XPLAY says it's not a valid format and even connecting it up via USB to an external HDD won't work.

Beginning to think my TV is too old for the HDR formats and DV may be upsetting it. Anyone else had these issues? Unless I am missing something during the ripping process but I'm just using the same process I use for Blurays.
Some but not all of the 2015 LG OLEDs got firmware upgrades to do HDR (probably HDR10 and not Dolby Vision). What model do you have?
BISHOPP376

Post by BISHOPP376 »

I have a 2015 LG 65EF950V and have successfully copied UHD copies of TLJ, Justice League and Kong Skull Island. However, the only one that plays is Kong Skull Island and this is only via USB direct into the TV (it registers HDR as well). Doesn't direct play through Plex or XPlay. Really confused as HDR Bluray titles don't give out any information about which HDR format they use but am more and more convinced that it is my TV's age and HDR incompatibility. I can't believe it is the ripping process because that is pretty simple and there are not many options to go through.

Any ideas?
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

Yes check pms
The Original "UHD Friendly" Drive Seller
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829