Superman II Richard Donner Cut and Superman Returns issues

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
jsc1205

Superman II Richard Donner Cut and Superman Returns issues

Post by jsc1205 »

I'm trying to rip the bluray discs of Superman II Richard Donner Cut and MakeMKV thinks that there is no disc in the drive. Noticed that DVDFab 10 does the exact same thing as well as when I try to open the disc manually by going to the disc drive. Has anyone been able to successfully rip this movie??

Also experiencing an issue with the Superman Returns bluray (Dolby Digital 5.1) version. MakeMKV will get work and get to a certain point and then the process fails. Have tried several times with the same results. Any success on this one??

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.
hvnphoto

Re: Superman II Richard Donner Cut and Superman Returns issu

Post by hvnphoto »

I was able to rip both discs without issues. Both the copies came from my local library. Please keep in mind that if the discs exhibit scratches then your ripper may experience problems. Discs from Netflix weren't always clean so the majority of them didn't rip properly. MakeMKV is very sensitive. I will use AnyDVD HD if MakeMKV cannot complete the job. When both fail then I deem that disc hopeless. Hope this helps.
jsc1205

Post by jsc1205 »

hvnphoto wrote:I was able to rip both discs without issues. Both the copies came from my local library. Please keep in mind that if the discs exhibit scratches then your ripper may experience problems. Discs from Netflix weren't always clean so the majority of them didn't rip properly. MakeMKV is very sensitive. I will use AnyDVD HD if MakeMKV cannot complete the job. When both fail then I deem that disc hopeless. Hope this helps.
Both discs are without scratches and are clean so not sure why Superman Returns stops in the middle of the rip.
Now in the case of Superman II The Richard Donner Cut, nothing recognizes that the disc is even in the drive! DVDFab 10 doesnt, MakeMKV doesnt and my PC doesnt so that one goes without saying that I'm stumped!
preserve

Post by preserve »

Could be an issue with your drive?

Do they play in a normal Blu-ray player?
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
jsc1205

Post by jsc1205 »

preserve wrote:Could be an issue with your drive?

Do they play in a normal Blu-ray player?
Yes they both play normal in my Oppo player
preserve

Post by preserve »

jsc1205 wrote:Now in the case of Superman II The Richard Donner Cut, nothing recognizes that the disc is even in the drive ... and my PC doesnt
jsc1205 wrote:Yes they both play normal in my Oppo player
If your PC doesn't even recognize the disc in the drive, but the disc plays fine in your Oppo player, then it sounds to me like there is an issue with your drive.

But I'm assuming other discs in your PC drive are working fine with MakeMKV?

Since this problem with Superman II RD Cut started, have you tested a different previously-working disc again in your PC drive?
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
hibbityjibbity

Re: Superman II Richard Donner Cut and Superman Returns issues

Post by hibbityjibbity »

I don't think it's a problem with the OP's drive, I'm having the same problem.

I also have two BluRay drives on my PC. One is ASUS, one it LG. MakeMKV doesn't recognize this disc in either drive.

Also, disc is brand new, has never been used before.