Trouble with Disney UHDs

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
Kevinicus

Trouble with Disney UHDs

Post by Kevinicus »

I recently began ripping my UHDs to mkv, and most of them are working fine. However, so far, I have had trouble with three titles, all Disney films. Thor Ragnarok, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, and Spider-Man Homecoming. I get messages that there are problems with sectors after awhile and the rip fails. With Thor Ragnarok, I was able to do the backup thing and doing a copy paste of the BDMV folder before making the mkv. Not so with the others (at least not Guardians, I'm trying to do this for Spider-Man as I'm typing this).

Anyone else having this issue with Disney titles?

I'm using the LG WH14NS40 drive.
eng050599

Re: Trouble with Disney UHDs

Post by eng050599 »

Kevinicus wrote:I recently began ripping my UHDs to mkv, and most of them are working fine. However, so far, I have had trouble with three titles, all Disney films. Thor Ragnarok, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, and Spider-Man Homecoming. I get messages that there are problems with sectors after awhile and the rip fails. With Thor Ragnarok, I was able to do the backup thing and doing a copy paste of the BDMV folder before making the mkv. Not so with the others (at least not Guardians, I'm trying to do this for Spider-Man as I'm typing this).

I didn't have any issues with those three films, but I did have bad sector errors in my copy of Terminator 2. I exchanged it for another, and the disc ripped fine.

Drive: BE16NU50
Kevinicus

Post by Kevinicus »

Spider-Man worked doing the backup thing. So, it's just GotG2 now. It seems to fail half way through (even on copy paste). This is my 2nd disk on this title. The first had playback issues at chapter 11. Wonder if this still has issues there.

Edit: I just remembered Spider-Man isn't even Disney.
eng050599

Post by eng050599 »

Kevinicus wrote:Spider-Man worked doing the backup thing. So, it's just GotG2 now. It seems to fail half way through (even on copy paste). This is my 2nd disk on this title. The first had playback issues at chapter 11. Wonder if this still has issues there.

Edit: I just remembered Spider-Man isn't even Disney.

Sorry for the delay, and I wish I had some insight for you, but all of my Disney UHDs have ripped perfectly, and that includes GotG2 and Thor: Rag.

I've heard some chatter that certain drives are more sensitive to bad sectors, but there is no pattern to the issue.

Hopefully things will be worked out sooner rather than later.
Kevinicus

Post by Kevinicus »

Same problem with The Last Jedi.

Almost everything that hasn't been Disney has gone fine. Those that weren't (and Thor Ragnarok), I was able to do a workaround . Only GotG2 and Last Jedi are failing with the workaround as well.

It could be my drive, but I don't know why Disney films are having this problem so much compared to others. I suppose I could return TLJ and try another disc.
maddog510

Post by maddog510 »

Kevinicus wrote:I recently began ripping my UHDs to mkv, and most of them are working fine. However, so far, I have had trouble with three titles, all Disney films. Thor Ragnarok, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, and Spider-Man Homecoming. I get messages that there are problems with sectors after awhile and the rip fails. With Thor Ragnarok, I was able to do the backup thing and doing a copy paste of the BDMV folder before making the mkv. Not so with the others (at least not Guardians, I'm trying to do this for Spider-Man as I'm typing this).

Spider-Man Homecoming is a Sony title. Not Disney.