Kung Fu Panda 2 Blu Ray not being recognized as a disc

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
boged

Kung Fu Panda 2 Blu Ray not being recognized as a disc

Post by boged »

Hello all, as I said in my title Kung Fu Panda 2 Blu Ray (don't judge I think its funny) is not even being recognized as a disc by my Blu Ray drives in my PC. Normally I wouldn't post, and would do some more searching in the forums, but the following items of information have got a me a bit more befuddled than usual:

1) I have tried the disc in three different functioning Blu Ray drives in my PC. They have all ripped multiple other Blu Rays before and after the problem disc.
2) The disc plays back in my blu ray player for my TV.
3) I have cleaned the disc with a soft cloth and non-abrasive cleaner and tried to get the drives to recognize the disc again afterwards.

I have ripped half my collection and have not run into any problems, so I am curious as to what this could be. Any help is appreciated, and I would go out and just repurchase the disc but I am worried I would just have the same problem (if that is not something to worry about please let me know).
Woodstock

Re: Kung Fu Panda 2 Blu Ray not being recognized as a disc

Post by Woodstock »

When you put the disk in the drive without MakeMKV running, does the operating system recognize it and allow you to browse it?

If the OS won't allow that much, it won't even tell MakeMKV the disk is there, so let's start with that basic.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
boged

Post by boged »

Correct. No makemkv running, I insert the disc, nothing happens, I right click the corresponding drive and attempt to explore and the following message is displayed "please insert disc" and the drive ejects.
boged

Post by boged »

Well I shouldn't say nothing happens, the standard whirring and noise happens like the drives are trying to read the disc. But then it stops and no results are found.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Well, I just made a search of Amazon to make sure there wasn't a UHD version you accidentally got hold of... :)

Trying it in multiple drives points strongly at the disk itself. Assuming you've gone through the "clean with a soft, damp cloth" routine, and it is still not recognized, have you reset your computer recently? It is quite possible that Windows itself is corrupted at the drive interface level, and resetting will clear it up.

Note that there is a difference between "reset" and "reboot". Reset means either powering down or hitting the hardware reset button (if present) after shutting down Windows, so that everything on the motherboard completely restarts. Reboots do not properly reset all the hardware.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging