I've found a way to properly convert a UHD Friendly drive, into a UHD real one and viceversa.
In order to do it, a proper firmware dump of your unit is needed and to do that, you can follow
my guide linked HERE!!
List of UHD Friendly drives supported :
- ASUS BC-12D2HT
- ASUS BW-16D1HT
- LG BH16NS40/NS55 (SVC Code NS50) (and similar devices with the same NS5x code)
- LG BE16NU50 (and similar external drive with similar code)
- LG WH16NS60
- LG BU40N
- LG BU50N
- LG BP60NB10
- A UHD Real/Friendly drive.
- A valid dump (made with DOSFlash or devilsclaw's if supported by the tool).
- DOSFlash modified version (which can be taken from my guide linked above) in order to erase and flash eeprom.
- For external devices, you will have to unmount the chassis and connect drive to a sata cable and have a compatible motherboard.
- Open the dump file and the firmware file you want to write on your drive, into the HEX Editor (I've used WinHEX).
- Select hex range from 0x1E0000 to 0x1E84FF and copy it from the dumped firmware to the new firmware file.
- Select now the hex range from 0x1E9000 to 0x1EBFFF from the dumped firmware to the new firmware file.
- Select, at last, the range from 0x1F0000 to the end from the dumped firmware to the new firmware file.
- Save all and now you will be ready to flash the new firmware on your device, using the DOSFlash modified version (DOS).
it will be needed the AACS 2.0 validation.
What I need
Please send me a valid dump of BU40N/BU50N/BP60NB10 devices if you have one of them. It will be needed for further testing purposes.