Attention. Ver 2.1 protection out

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
gereral1

Attention. Ver 2.1 protection out

Post by gereral1 »

I am not sure if new disks will call in. If so this window is closing unless Mike can figure this out. There is no way they are going to stop us who want HDR hdpc. News is all over the net on new protection v2.1. A user had issues with fury movie on UHD. Take this with grain of salt untell confirmation is made by more users on newer UHD disks.

Think twice about sharing your rips online!

Update:

These rips are safe in mpchc or mpcbe but are not safe
on top boxes, UHD players with USB port. If you need to play these unplug your eithernet cable from your box or UHD player.

Fixed link: (more info on this site)

https://www.friendmts.com/platform-protection/asid/

These protections are currently on newer uhds like Fury and Patriot. .
Last edited by gereral1 on Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:26 pm, edited 6 times in total.
madfloyd

Re: Attention. Ver 2.1 protection out

Post by madfloyd »

MakeMKV 1.12.2 crashes when trying to parse the .cer file on my Fury UHD.

:(
madfloyd

Post by madfloyd »

Same with The Patriot. Both are Sony titles...
B17NNS

Post by B17NNS »

Interesting. The cat and mouse game continues.

Can't see any info on the net about it. Do you have a link?
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

No chance of this development rendering the UHD friendly drive concept obsolete correct?
The Original "UHD Friendly" Drive Seller
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829
st4evr

Post by st4evr »

jonghotti wrote:No chance of this development rendering the UHD friendly drive concept obsolete correct?
Until we do not hear back from the developers (DeUHD, from Mike here, and others) it is uncertain. This has been and will always be a "cat and mouse" game using the words of B17NNS.

The format is in it's infancy, so changes were and are to be expected.
gereral1

Post by gereral1 »

st4evr

Post by st4evr »

gereral1 wrote: currently testing DV part of uhd at moment.
Testing off the decrypted full disc structure or ISO? If so, that is good to hear.
gereral1

Post by gereral1 »

st4evr wrote:
gereral1 wrote: currently testing DV part of uhd at moment.
Testing off the decrypted full disc structure or ISO? If so, that is good to hear.
Using 2 streams. DV stream info is parallel 1080p stream and mixed over top of uhd. That's all I can share on DV. They are trying to port them to trigger DV in usb. The DV stream is like negative film that overlays and uses part of 2 bits in 12bit. 10 for uhd....2 for overlay. The dynamic Metadata is not encoded in video but an overlay film in 1080p that plays at the same time over top of uhd 4k image bringing out brights and shadows all over the entire screen.
Last edited by gereral1 on Wed May 23, 2018 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
st4evr

Post by st4evr »

Never mind. Sorry I should have been more clear. I am aware how DV works. My question was in regards to you testing DV from Fury/Patriot decrypted copies since you mentioned them in the same comment as DV, but I just realized that neither contain DV, so does not apply. I assume you meant separate testing aside from the discussion in regards to the AACS protection in the aforementioned discs.
gereral1

Post by gereral1 »

st4evr wrote:Never mind. Sorry I should have been more clear. I am aware how DV works. My question was in regards to you testing DV from Fury/Patriot decrypted copies since you mentioned them in the same comment as DV, but I just realized that neither contain DV, so does not apply. I assume you meant separate testing aside from the discussion in regards to the AACS protection in the aforementioned discs.
The DV stuff is exciting.
Last edited by gereral1 on Fri May 25, 2018 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
st4evr

Post by st4evr »

Thanks for the clarification Mike.

Questions:

Since this is just an extension of the current AACS protection for UHD discs, would that mean the possibility that your app could more easily be updated to support this extension and in turn continue using the same hashed key process for obtaining and decrypting discs that contain this extension?

Thanks again!
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

Wait, "should the protection be supported in the future" not "WHEN the protection is supported in the future"?

I'll buy two more licenses to help with development costs! Who's with me? I want to keep ripping, for a long long time :)
The Original "UHD Friendly" Drive Seller
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829
gereral1

Post by gereral1 »

The fersenic mark was released with UHD white paper to track down HDMI capture to source player. Anyway good luck with catc 2.1 support with hask keys when you figure it out. My friends already have rips of fury and patriot. They don't seed their rips on net. They love UHD HDR. I believe users should pay for movies and should be allowed to port the disks to madvr for home collection. I do not agree with the no personal copy . if it streams inside your home this should be allowed.