Attention. Ver 2.1 protection out

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
B17NNS

Re: Attention. Ver 2.1 protection out

Post by B17NNS »

It's a shame as I'm sure the vast majority of us are not pirates. We just want to watch the media that we own in the way we choose.

I want the movie in the absolute best quality possible (both audio and video) available to me using Plex or emby to catalogue it and present it beautifully.

I have no interest in some compressed handbraked dodgy 4K rip off pirate bay.

Hopefully this get's resolved.
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

gereral1 wrote:The fersenic mark was released with UHD white paper to track down HDMI capture to source player. Anyway good luck with catc 2.1 support with hask keys when you figure it out. My friends already have rips of fury and patriot. They don't seed their rips on net. They love UHD HDR. I believe users should pay for movies and should be allowed to port the disks to madvr for home collection. I do not agree with the no personal copy . if it streams inside your home this should be allowed.
Amen to that!
The Original "UHD Friendly" Drive Seller
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829
B17NNS

Post by B17NNS »

gereral1 wrote:I believe users should pay for movies and should be allowed to port the disks to madvr for home collection. I do not agree with the no personal copy . if it streams inside your home this should be allowed.
Exactly buddy.

Nobody moans when you pop a CD into your computer and iTunes rips a copy for use on another device.
madfloyd

Post by madfloyd »

Sounds like Mike is throwing in the towel on 2.1 (if I understand correctly).

But I don't understand how he says we can still make disc backups when MakeMkV crashes when it tries to open discs with 2.1 and unless I'm missing something MakeMKV only makes MKV files, not disc backups.

Either way I'm sad since I don't use a UHD player in my home theater anymore. I rely on ripping my discs and use MadVR.
darkedgex

Post by darkedgex »

madfloyd wrote:Sounds like Mike is throwing in the towel on 2.1 (if I understand correctly).
Where do you read that?
But I don't understand how he says we can still make disc backups when MakeMkV crashes when it tries to open discs with 2.1 and unless I'm missing something MakeMKV only makes MKV files, not disc backups.
Don't open the disc, just back it up.
Lovely Rita

Post by Lovely Rita »

B17NNS wrote:Nobody moans when you pop a CD into your computer and iTunes rips a copy for use on another device.
Yeah but when CD's first came out in 1982 I'm sure neither Sony nor the record labels hadn't give any thoughts of operations like Napster (1999) or Limewire (2000) and by then it was too late to introduce copy protection. :(
Registered User :wink:
Buy MakeMKV
gereral1

Post by gereral1 »

Mike will figure this out. Until then back to 4k capture. If he does not I own a bdxl ROM now lol
madfloyd

Post by madfloyd »

gereral1 wrote:Mike will figure this out. Until then back to 4k capture. If he does not I own a bdxl ROM now lol
How does 4k capture work?
gereral1

Post by gereral1 »

I'm sure there is info on the net regarding 4k capture but it's expensive to do. I'll give you a tip. Buy the movies...... if you want to back them up think of the cost. 200 for bm4kmini, 300 for 2 500gig ssds, 200-300 uhd player. Cost movie, and shit load of time and software. Stick with mkvmaker lol. Unless you got money growing on trees.

Let's figure this out

Mkvmaker (cost licence or free plus 90 dollar uhd friendly drive)

Or over grand and 30 hrs per movie to backup hmm

Wish Hollywood would allow users who buy the movies to play them in madvr without jumping thru loops. This is getting old. I own over 70 uhd now and support them but geeze. .....

Hell even deuhd is hitting a wall. Maybe we will be forced to go expensive route with all this encryption cap.
ekpen49

Post by ekpen49 »

madfloyd wrote:Same with The Patriot. Both are Sony titles...
+ 1, unable to rip Fury uhd and the patriot uhd

George
TheShoe

Post by TheShoe »

ekpen49 wrote:
madfloyd wrote:Same with The Patriot. Both are Sony titles...
+ 1, unable to rip Fury uhd and the patriot uhd

George
Everyone needs to relax.

It's been a few days. There are two discs. There will be more.

It took time to get AACS 2.0 worked-around and it may take some time here. Who knows - may be impossible. But I'd give it a month or two and see what happens.

In the meantime, I won't be purchasing 4K upgrades for movies I already own until I know if they are supported or not. As for new 4k? Sure. Since it comes with the 1080p version as well, why not?

Give Mike some time. Mike never said it was not possible, only that it is not CURRENTLY possible.
xmenw

Post by xmenw »

I made a encrypted full disc backup and tried playing through my 4k blu ray player. I can see the menu but the blu ray player is not able to play any video streams. I guess this is the expected behavior?
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

TheShoe wrote:Give Mike some time. Mike never said it was not possible, only that it is not CURRENTLY possible.
Not even that - it is impossible with current version of MakeMKV, as new decryption code needs to be written. Key-wise it is possible even now - the same magic that unlocks 2.0 MKBv61 can unlock 2.1 MKBv61. Only it has to be done properly and that needs some time...
TheShoe

Post by TheShoe »

mike admin wrote:
TheShoe wrote:Give Mike some time. Mike never said it was not possible, only that it is not CURRENTLY possible.
Not even that - it is impossible with current version of MakeMKV, as new decryption code needs to be written. Key-wise it is possible even now - the same magic that unlocks 2.0 MKBv61 can unlock 2.1 MKBv61. Only it has to be done properly and that needs some time...
that's good news in any case and we all hope you are working on the next set of "magic" :)

thanks Mike for the great support.
st4evr

Post by st4evr »

xmenw wrote:I made a encrypted full disc backup and tried playing through my 4k blu ray player. I can see the menu but the blu ray player is not able to play any video streams. I guess this is the expected behavior?
Well.... you answered your own question. You made an “ENCRYPTED” copy of the disc.

@Mike: thanks for the update. Good to hear there is in fact a possible route to take. Your work is much appreciated.